1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office: 12/14

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog428, Dec 14, 2006.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I think, the moment Michael marked the waitress, the show won a convert with my wife.

2. dog428

dog428 Active Member

The "bros over hos" speech was likely the funniest damn scene ever.

3. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

I always like this show, but the hour-long episode was particularly fantastic. Michael marking the arm was perfect. Agree with the "You Oughta Know" thought. I was damn near in tears.

4. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Usually 1/2-hour comedies can't do the one-hour thing ... but The Office sure can. Some great moments and typical Office - you have the laugh out loud moments, the cringing moments (i.e. when Michael does something) and the tenderness/likeability (Jim's speech; Michael's last phone call).

All of the above-mentioned stuff was great ... I also like when Kelli sang to Ryan ("We Belong") and of course the Ed Helms-Rainn Wilson ongoing kiss-ass feud is a thing of beauty.

5. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

The Office is usually claustrophobic at times, and the jokes can fly by pretty quickly. I thought tonight the comedy was given room to breathe and it really made the episode better. Very good work.

6. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

The ongoing torture of Dwight got even better with the CIA thing. The text message slayed me.

7. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Who'd Michael invite to Sandals? Jan?

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It's got to be Jan, unless he chose his "bro" -- the sales guy from the other office over his "ho" Jan.

Jim's speech about rebound girls seem to indicate that Michael thought that Carol was a rebound from his one night with Jan.

9. leo1

leo1 Active Member

yeah, it had to be jan. that was a great episode.

as an aside, the funniest line i heard all night wasn't in the office, it was in 30 rock. when tina fey comes into alec baldwin's office he says something like, 'what's the matter, did the liberty lose last night?'

10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I thought Michael thought the Asian waitress was the rebound for Carol.

11. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

I so wished my wife had gotten that joke. I felt so lonely laughing my tail off at that. Good to know somebody else out there was laughing at the same time.

12. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Brought my laptop to the office today ... everyone here who missed the show last night agrees: Michael marking the Asian chick's arm with a Sharpie was stellar.

Draft saved Draft deleted