1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office -- 11/8

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cosmo, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Thank you to www.channelsurfing.net for allowing me to watch the show at work while on a desk shift. Nice, as Borat would say.

I kind of like Jim's reaction to the whole "I'm turning into Michael" thing. Very glum. Also, a very noticeable lack of Pam and Jim interaction this week. And Creed's dancing at the end was fantastic.

Fudgie the Whale. Yesssss!

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Jim got a serious reality check tonight.

Dwight was great. And Toby's birthday thing. Awesome.

3. G-Spot

G-Spot Member

Poor effort tonight. Just not funny.

4. First half was Michael-idiot-heavy and boring, but it set up the second half nicely with Jim's lesson in leadership and one of those rare endearing moments of Michael as a believable character.

My theory with Pam and Jim is we're going to keep noticing these awkward moments between them to keep the tension up and keep it interesting. But to break them up would be jumping-the-shark suicide.

Supporting cast rocked as usual.

5. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

Michael: And when I return i hope to be a completely different person.

jim: that would be great.

that's good stuff.

6. Says the poster with the "Family Guy" avatar...

7. Sly

Sly Active Member

Worst Office episode ever.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

it was ok. not great, but certainly not the shittiest showing ever.

9. Even the shittiest Office episode ever is better than all this other crap I've seen on TV lately. The only other show I'll look for is South Park. Can't wait for The Wire to start.

10. They can't have Jim and Pam getting hot and heavy with each other every single episode. They're together. That ship has sailed. Onto other stuff. I'm glad.

Jim and Michael, more than once, have had those kind of moments while sitting together. Last year when Michael said he put an X on the Asian girl to tell them apart comes to mind. Also the booze cruise when he tells Michael about Pam. Also last year when he explains to him at the hotel party that he was a "great boss," and that he didn't leave because of him.

I guess we've reached the point in this show's popularity where people can't wait to rip the shit out of it every week, though. Not saying it's always perfect, but much like "LOST" and "Friends" before that, once a show reaches a certain level of buzz, it seems people live to rip it every week.

That being said, was that a takeoff on the movie "Into the Wild"? I understand it was a plot device to get rid of Michael and Dwight for an afternoon. Probably could have done something better. Almost every episode this season Michael leaves on some sort of great adventure. They may want to retire that plot device.

11. The takeoff was from the show "Survivorman" on Discovery, which is an AWESOME show.

12. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Loved the part at the end, with Michael and Jim sitting there talking about the hard lesson Jim learned re: birthdays, and how Michael'd been there.

Everyone bitches about how over the top Michael can get at times, but then they dial him back a bit after a humbling experience (getting snubbed by Ryan on the camping trip) and show the side of him that landed him the job in the first place. Then another group bitches about *that*.

As a boss explained to me: You're gonna make a third of the people happy, a third of the people pissed, and the other third just won't give a damn.

Draft saved Draft deleted