1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office 11/02 -- with spoilers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PopeDirkBenedict, Nov 2, 2006.

1. carrie

carrie Active Member

I smell a merger of offices in the future ...

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i watched it on on-demand last night. my on-demand usually doesn't work but this time it seemed to be OK.

the office is hands down the best sitcom on TV. i loved the indian dad's facial expressions. when he asked ryan if ryan had anything to ask them, as in whether he could have their daughter's hand in marriage, that made me laugh. and when michael asked if when he died she had to throw her body on the fire, i was almost on the floor laughing.

as for the indian guy's interaction with pam, that was just strange. i wonder if it foreshadows something.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

That was a very good episode, but with a Curb-like amount of cringing by me. Apparently, Kelly wrote the episode and her real life parents played her parents on the episode.

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

According to Entertainment Weekly, this week the Scranton office gets the ax.

5. XXXX

XXXX Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. leo1

leo1 Active Member

what does that mean? everyone in scranton gets fired? scranton is the main office and jim is in uh, harrisburg, right?

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Jim's in Stamford. I'm unspoiled, but it isn't a coincidence that we've seen Michael close two sales deals this season. I wouldn't be shocked if they have some sort of competition between the offices and Michael will save the day at the last minute with a big deal.

8. leo1

leo1 Active Member

ok, so the stamford office, not scranton, gets the ax? that would make sense. would be cool if they transferred jim and the stamford hottie and nerdy guy to scranton.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

That's the only thing I can think happens. They haven't built up any characters in Stamford except those three.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Big Tuna!!!!!!

11. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

From the Office's site on NBC.com, for this week's episode: "With the Scranton Branch closing, Michael struggles to keep spirits up."

12. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Yes, according to Entertainment Weekly, it's Scranton that gets the ax. It's been underperforming for a while, which is one reason Jan was so upset when she dropped in to find the staff enjoying a Michael-mandated movie day.

Draft saved Draft deleted