1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office 11/02 -- with spoilers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PopeDirkBenedict, Nov 2, 2006.

1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

This episode was a bit uneven at times, but still very good.

The highlights:

--Kevin commenting that the picture looked like Pam with her shirt off
    --Apu listed as one of history's great Indians
    --The Stamford chick always pouring out what looked to be a vile liquor
    --Ryan telling Kelly's parents that one of his big plans for the future was to buy an XBox
    --Michael proposing to his real estate agent
    --His real estate agent shooting him down
    --Michael rebounding by trying to kiss Pam
    --Watching a drunk Jim try to ride his bike
    --Knowing full well that Jim and the Stamford chick are going to hookup

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Roy walking into the party, and walking out.

And we're all dying to know what's in that text message.

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Jim trying to ride a bike drunk made me laugh well into the commercial break. Michael trying to kiss Pam reminded me of the horribly awkward Michael/Oscar kiss which made me laugh just thinking about it. I love this show, and they got me to stick around to watch Deal or No Deal by promoing it as the biggest show yet.

4. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

The real-estate agent, Carol, is Steve Carell's wife in real life.

That made this week's ep even better...

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I like the connections on this show. Steve Carell's wife plays his girlfriend. One of the producers plays a temp turned full-timer. Kelly is a writer on the show. Creed plays a spoof of himself, according to Wikipedia. I enjoy this show so much.

6. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

This is my favorite comedy since Cheers.

7. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

How about Michael concluding it's a costume party because people were in native dress?

8. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

I agree that was a good twist, but unfortunately I read about this beforehand and so could not picture them as anything but husband and wife.

Was that young Indian guy bothering Pam or was there some mutual flirting going on?

9. XXXX

XXXX Member

this was a really good episode. i cant wait til next week. how about the happy diwali song at the end? hillarious! and ed helms tellin jim that him and the stamford chick is "sam and diane". and michael sayin that pams car was like taxi cab confessionals.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The song at the end was the absolute highlight.
    "This is our best meeting ever!"
    Oh and the guy plays Oscar, I think and the heavier, older woman were the casting agents and decided to do the show themselves.

11. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

really good ep.

the small part that made me laugh ... when Ryan is walking away with Kelly after her sisters were laughing at him, he says something like "did they call me Zach Braff?" then he stands there like he's gonna do something about it.

12. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Big Tuna and the guy from the Daily Show singing Indigo Girls floored me for some reason. Great episode.

Draft saved Draft deleted