1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office 11-01

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How did Andy not mention Cornell to the Finer Things Club?

2. Sly

Sly Active Member

"Jim, if I don't survive this, promise you'll do one thing ... Host the Dundies for me."

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

"Mo' money, mo' problems, Stanley. You of all people should know that."

"Wanted: Middle-aged black man with sass. Big butt, bigger heart."

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

My wife went to Cornell for undergrad, and I never miss an opportunity to deliver a little playful elbow to the ribs whenever Andy pulls that.

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I loved the end with Toby was grillin' Jim about the book.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

There were a few laugh-out-loud moments --- Michael's help-wanted ad for Stanley's replacement chief among them, but I agree this episode went annoyingly over the top. The whole road trip to Utica went into Kramer and Newman territory, circa Season 9 of Seinfeld. And that's not a good thing.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Best line of the night: Jim, just get on top of (Karen) and think of Stanley.

8. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Interesting. ... I was too intrigued by the seed being planted for Jim/Pam's demise to realize it was Toby planting it, due to his insane love for Pam.

This is why I erad these threads.

9. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

I just got done watching it and came real close to turning it off part way through.. That was just too over the top. That's two felonies now this season that Michael and Dwight committed.

I thought the pizza boy was the (I hate to say it) moment it jumped the shark but that was merely checking out the ramp for last night.

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

For all the people that don't think Michael Scott is believable, I can say I worked for an SE who was a lot worse. And it took a whole string of outrageous behavior and performance before he was fired. He was a lot like Michael, right down to the Seabring convertable. I don't know, maybe he drives a PT Cruiser now.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Were his initials "J.C.?"

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

;D

Draft saved Draft deleted