1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office 11-01

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Aside from having sex with men, this is the gayest thing about me.

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

oh, murci, there's plenty of gay things about you

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Honestly, how do the three of those guys still have their jobs after that? Yes it's tv, but the whole concept of the show is to give the working stiff something to relate to. They took it just way too far.

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I don't see any reason Jim should lose his job. He stayed in the car. In fact, he refused to get out of his car.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Did anyone else think Jim in his mustache looked like Jason Lee's character Earl Hickey?

Also, this episode had some great laugh out loud moments, including Dwight peeing in the can. That was hilarious.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

That was the line that killed me, too.

I agree that they're pushing Micheal and Dwight's characters too far. The great thing about the original concept (ironically, I'm watching a DVD of the British show right now) was that it was familiar to anyone who has worked in an office, like Office Space was. But they are making it downright cartoonish this season. There is nothing happening that you can relate to.

7. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

I agree about the absurdity..,.

but as long as Andy has killer lines, I'll watch. I laughed for 3 minutes after his "Oh, come on..."

thahahahahahah

that was hilarious

8. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Spup and I have debated the over-the-topness on these threads before. While there were still some good lines, I think it took away (again).

If they wanted to get Jim and Karen in the same room again, there were better ways. (Karen having a meeting with Michael in Scranton?)

I'm making my way through the British version, and I agree with whomever said that what made it great was that it was believable. Spup disagrees that Michael is no longer believable.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Why are you calling me out? I didn't say he was always believable. I said that when he absolutely loses his cool, he's still believable to me because I have a boss just like that. I mean, there are days when I think, "this guy is absolutely certifiable."

Tonight was a little over-the-top, but that's who Dwight and Michael are. They are over-the-top individuals. It doesn't detract from the show for me.

10. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

I was trying to illustrate that there are two definitive sides to the debate, and we're squarely opposites, based on past threads. That's it. Not trying to call anyone out.

11. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Also: Anyone else see the furthering of the Pam/Jim trouble in paradise angle, with Jim not taking the club seriously?

I think they're setting them up for a fall. ...

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Understood. I apologize. I have a touch of the stomach flu and am reading far too much into things.

Draft saved Draft deleted