1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office 10/4 (spoilers included)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

She's annoying as fuck. I was glad they shit-canned that quick.

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

NBC.com has it up.

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

She reminds me of someone I knew in college. She entertains me.

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I'm really liking the new Jan and hope she shows up more. What do you all think?

5. In Cold Blood

In Cold Blood Member

Ehh, I'm not a huge fan of new jan.

New creed, on the other hand, is rocking my world. I love his more active role.

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I love new Creed, too. I think his quote on cults in the season opener has been my favorite of the new season so far.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

It seems like they're working hard to make sure the Jim and Pam romance doesn't become the centerpiece, which is smart, but at the same time they have to keep the characters -- the only two characters we like and with whom we can identify -- central to the plots. They have to keep being individuals and be more than just their relationship.

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Well ... Ryan will be back in more often now, I would guess. The whole Dwight-Angela thing will keep going. Ryan and Michael/Dwight could be good. Ryan and Jan could be good, too (come one ... no one thinks Ryan and Jan could hook-up and leave Michael and Dwight as hetero life partners). Pam-Jim will probably have an interesting wrinkle when the ex returns. Something's coming with Toby, too ... I hope. I've always liked the Toby angle more than the Creed angle. Creed's character gets the perfect amount of face-time, in my opinion. Toby, on the other hand, could carry a few episodes.

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I could see Toby melting down and/or shooting up the place. That'd never happen, but I do think a meltdown would be entertaining.

10. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

What I enjoyed so much about tonight's episode - and I've seen this more times than I can count, having worked for Gannett - is how Ryan's youthful enthusiasm with bringing in new ideas was met with such disdain from everyone, yet he was the one drinking the Kool-Aid and being all optimistic about it. Good god, I could insert quite a few middle management types I've worked with for Ryan and the similarities were spot-on.

Hell, if I didn't know, I'd swear Ryan/B.J. Novak worked for Gannett in his earlier life.

As a Red Sox fan, I also enjoyed the quick homage to Jerry Trupiano.

Later skater.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I love the fact that Creed dyed his hair with toner from the copy machine.

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Wait,

That's what he dyed his hair with?

Draft saved Draft deleted