1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office 10/4 (spoilers included)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Oct 4, 2007.

1. "Mostly black guys."

Absolutely classic episode. Particularly liked the writers' brief shout-out to all the people griping about the Pam and Jim relationship's consummation.

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I laughed out loud twice. Just seemed to be lacking the normal depth.

3. BRoth

BRoth Member

Lake 1, Michael 0.

4. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

yeah, thought it was subpar (for the office)

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I really enjoyed everything but the ending.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The ending got silly. The star of the show, no question, was Creed.

Hey brah! We ever gonna get any Red Bull in here? Sometimes you just gotta riiiide the bull!

7. Wow, you guys are a tough audience. Thought Ryan's reappearance was great.

8. Clever username

I think the problem the first two weeks has been the disjointed nature of the stories. They always used to connect or at least intertwine. Or at the very least most of the characters would be involved in the A, B and C stories. So far it's been too much like a three-camera sitcom where the B and C stories are just filler. Jim and Pam are two of the main characters and they did nothing this week. Oscar had two lines, Stanley about three. Toby disappeared after the first 15 minutes.

I think the Ryan thing has potential, but he is simply not likeable or even sympathetic at this point.

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Where did he get that cheap-ass haircut? Only $200. Sheesz. [John Edwards]

10. Clever username

Brought him back down, sure, but did nothing for me in regards to his character. He was being a douchebag and got put in his place. Doesn't suddenly not make him a douchebag. Jim's line in the talking head was spot-on perfect. That was the best moment of the show for me.

11. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Anyone know where I can watch this online? (i.e. now, at work)

12. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

I was hoping they would have Kelly milk the prego thing for another week or two, to make Ryan sweat. What great leverage, the ambitious prick's worst nightmare ever. But no. And then she 'fessed up off-camera, even. Back to bit player for you then, Ms. India.

Draft saved Draft deleted