1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office 10/25

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Because what we need is yet another Sam-Diane or Ross-Rachel situation.

You know, it's funny. My wife and I got together in our mid-20s, never broke up, then got married four years later or so. Were friends first, etc., etc., etc. like those two. Never broke up. Never talked about it. Never thought about it.

I guess what I'm saying it would be nice to watch one non-doomed TV relationship. I mean, they can fight and go through that kind of stuff, but I'm really hoping for a functional relationship.

I think they're more or less setting it up where Jim starts to realize, by watching Pam start to chase her dreams, that he would like more out of life for himself, too. Like writing sports for $10 an hour somewhere.

2. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Waylon,

I was always really impressed with how Scrubs handled Turk/Carla. They were together almost from day one and never broke up. They had problems, but worked through them. When they got married, they didn't have the hint of infidelity and all of that, but had them deal with trying to start a family.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yeah, you're right. It was a guy in a Poor Richard's shirt.

4. And to other extreme, you have J.D. and Elliot...

5. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

I think some fans will revolt if they break Jim and Pam up.

6. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

(I couldn't figure out how to quote two things on dif pages)

I don't see them as friends. My take is Andy initiates the conversations and does almost all of the talking. Old Dwight would probably make a comment to shut Andy up, but heart-broken Dwight would just sit there, mope, and allow Andy to talk, no matter how much it hurt him. Not friends, Dwight just wasn't up for rejected his convo in his heart-broken state. That has obviously changed with Angela saying "Oh, D"

7. The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides New Member

What I really liked about the Second Life scene, was that it showed Jim as being just as much of a dork as Dwight. While he may have wanted to make fun of Dwight for it, it was funny to see just how deeply he got into the fantasy of it. He took the time (and spent the money) to make the character identical to himself, while giving this character his dream job and dream hobby.

I don't think they'll break Jim & Pam up before the end of the season. The Dwight-Angela-Andy triangle is working WAY too well, in my opinion, for there to be any tension between other couples.

8. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

whiny bitches.

9. I like it that Michael's not taking shit from Ryan.

Anyone else think Jim's turning into a bit of a bully, especially with Andy? The mocking stuff, the Kit Kat bar - Andy's a dork but he hasn't targeted Jim in a while, so it seems a bit one-sided. Guess Jim needs someone else to torment since he feels sorry for D.

10. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

Kevin making the Kool-Aid man face absolutely cracked me up.

11. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Looks like Karen comes back next week as a guest.

http://www.nbc.com/The_Office/about/next_on.shtml

12. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

"I was only five....five years old. I didn't even talk yet."

Draft saved Draft deleted