1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office 10/18

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

You Give Love A Bad Name on the recorder. Priceless.

2. greenthumb

greenthumb Member

Darryl telling Kelly that she needed to "access her uncrazy side". That's fantastic stuff.

3. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

disliked the first few episodes this season but this one was good. felt like season 2 all over again, thankfully.

4. The Embassy Beets. The Radish Inn.

The cousin chasing the car up the driveway like a dog cracked my ass up.

5. The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides New Member

Was it just me, or did anyone else think of Karen Fillipelli when Jim was talking about his obsession with italian food? Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

6. Jim was talking about Pam when he was talking about Italian food. He gave her the kiss, then i think they cut away to Pam talking about Jim being passionate about Italian food. Then Jim talking about Italian food (Pam) and how he isn't just passionate about it, he loves it.

I liked this episode, and I like how they're digging a little deeper with the characters without sacrificing the comedy. Though I do think 45 minutes is probably the best length.

BTW, anybody catch 30 Rock when Jack was listing the bad things his family members have done? He said his cousin, Tim, fixes NBA games.

7. The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides New Member

That's what I figured. Like I said, it is a pretty big stretch, but that's what I thought of when the Italian food idea came up.

As good as this episode was, the one thing I thought it missed was a small sample of Scrantonicity II. It'll be interesting to see if they also cover the Police, or if they went with another band.

8. you may already know this, but the day after the episode airs, you can catch it on abc.com. Actually, all four major networks stream their shows.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The mention on 30 Rock was definitely caught. In fact, that show is also very, very funny. I didn't much care for Tina Fey on SNL, but this show is funny, and a lot of it is because of Alec Baldwin.

Daryl's comment to Kelly was awesome. So was Dwight reaching around to give Jim a hug only to completely swing and miss. And of course his comment on misuse of company phones when Pam called to book a reservation.

And of course there was the requisite Michael slamming Toby, even after Toby agreed with him about something he was saying.

10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Well, actually The Office is on NBC (and NBC.com). Most shows are streamed, but not all. This year, The Office is, but it hasn't been in the past.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

BTW, this came from Creed Thoughts:

The whole blog for the week can be found here.

http://blog.nbc.com/CreedThoughts/2007/10/creed_thoughts_22.php#more

This is the baseball one from a few weeks back. My favorite of them all.

http://blog.nbc.com/CreedThoughts/2007/09/creed_thoughts_19.php#more

12. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

For Creed fans: In his youth with the Grass Roots on some sort of Jimmy Durante show:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1780966/

Draft saved Draft deleted