1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office 10/11

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Oct 11, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I feel if you condense the episode into a half hour (lose the pizza kid and the Dwight vs. website) it would have been a classic.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I thought Dwight vs. the web site was one of the best aspects of the show. It allowed for us to see some of the old side of Jim and Pam with their prank on Dwight. It just seemed very fitting for him to do that and try to be the knight in shining armor again and fail again.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I thought the sales competition of Dwight vs. the website was flat, but the computer talking to Dwight was priceless.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I loved the throwaway, follow-up line too, when the pizzaboy showed up.
    Michael: Pizza's here
    Kevin (from off-camera): It's not pizza!

For some reason, that really cracked me up.

5. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

The crazed look that Creed gave Michael when he asked if anyone had any interesting anecdotes was pretty great.

6. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

What was up with the part about Ryan being told to leave the guy's office and tape in his own? I didn't get that.

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I think it was to show that he thinks he's too big for his own britches.

8. ChrisLittmann

ChrisLittmann Member

It was because he was filming the thing in a larger office than the one he actually has.

I'm convinced it's a good thing the show didn't go to a full-time hour-long format. Those supersized 40 minute eps should be the maximum.

9. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Yeah, the circle of garbage was awesome. And Kelly and Darrel! Sweet.

Loved the episode, especially when Dwight and Michael were making fun of Ryan at the end.
    And the pizza kid who stolle weed from Dwight's farm.

And can Jenna Fischer look a little more awesome?!?!?!

10. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Also, Al Roker got a mention in The Office and Earl. Did he get one in 30 Rock, too?

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Watched this week's and last week's on NBC.com. Laughed several times at last week's...this one was OK, and I loved the frustration from Dwight during the IMing...but I just think Andy is so over-the-top. The rest of them I'm used to over the top. Him? Nails on a chalkboard.

12. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I actually thought this episode wasn't that bad ... I like it when they combine the humor with flashes of insight of the characters (and not making Michael always to be a buffoon; I've mentioned examples of this in the past, but his treatment of Ryan at the end I loved).

Also, what did Kelli say to Daryl? I rewound that Tivo a couple of times but never could make it out.

Draft saved Draft deleted