1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office 10/11

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Oct 11, 2007.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Wow. I am loving this episode.

2. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

"Yeah, I know him. He's the guy that grows really bad weed"

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Kidnapping? Really? Michael and Dwight would have been in jail hours ago. This is beyond absurd tonight.

4. Sly

Sly Active Member

For the first two weeks, I didn't agree with the people who said an hour was too long for the show.

But I can see their point tonight ...

5. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

I thought tonight was a good episode and worthy of an hour. Maybe there wasn't as many laugh-out-loud moments as the previous two episodes, but a very solid episode with great character development.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I thought tonight flew by much more quickly than the last two episodes.

And there weren't many laugh-out-loud moments as much as there were laugh-out-loud situations. I found myself getting to commercial without laughing and then thinking about what I'd seen and laughing hard.

7. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

I was hoping this thread wouldn't have anyone saying, "loving this episode."

This episode sucked, save for Andy's pursuit of Angela. Michael's over-the-top-ness is waayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I don't think so. I have a boss that's a lot like Michael. It doesn't take much for him to lose it over the dumbest things. Maybe that's why I think it's so funny because I experience it daily.

9. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I enjoyed it. Several laugh-out-loud moments. Michael over-the-top? Did that just happen? Hello! It's the bedrock of the show. It's a TV show, not the real world.

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Thank you Del.... that's what I've been saying around here for a week when people are complaining about TV not coinciding with real life.

11. This episode was awesome. Truly in my Top 3. It's actually the first of the three hourlong episodes this year that I thought maintained most of its momentum.

I started laughing before they ever played the music - the box scene cracked my ass up. I've done that same very thing.

I guess I liked it so much because it didn't dwell on Michael as much, or if it did I was able to ignore it. Him calling Ryan an asshole on the webcam was hilarious.

The Daryl-Kelly potential storyline is great and for the first time, in what three years?, Angela had a few scenes where I actually thought she was attractive. And her fighting with Phyllis made me laugh.

I thought the prank on Dwight was great as well. The look Pam gave after she typed that line to Dwight was awesome.

I really thought before coming on here everyone would be raving about this episode, but I guess I'll settle with being in the happy minority. ;D

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

No Creed tonight. Shitty.

Draft saved Draft deleted