1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office (10-09-08)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Classic Michael moment, too, when he responded to Oscar's admission about taking some long lunches: "... Siestas!"

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

touche.

good point. i'm still trying to figure out what to make of the holly character. total dork one moment. completely business the next. there's got to be a middle ground. i guess this is just one show that i don't ever want to see spin its wheels, and i thought there was a little of that last night.

yes, no pam was a bad thing. though it's going to be tough to sneak her into episodes and make it plausible with her being in nyc and all.

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

That wasn't great. Not terrible, either.

Some more highlights:

Michael to Dwight: You are a thief of joy.

Michael: When I discovered YouTube, I didn't work for five days. I probably viewed Cookie Monster sings "Chocolate Rain" about 1,000 times.

Meredith: After we did it, when he gave me those coupons, I felt good about myself.

Jim: At 12:45, Dwight sneezed with his eyes open.

Also, I loved the whole Battlestar Galactica conversation and Michael taking the frame off the wall and photocopying it.

4. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Time theft!

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So was the stuff he refilled it with.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

OK ... Dwight peeing under his desk while typing, another solid moment. Maybe this episode is growing on me the more I think about it.

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Ok, just got done watching this on Hulu. I thought it was a pretty solid episode overall. Loved the whole "nobody cares" about Pam getting engaged again and the stopwatch bit with Jim and Dwight was hysterical.

This season is off to a good start and I'm comfortable saying it might be the best comedy on TV right now.

Best quotes of the episode->

"You're a thief of joy."

"There's not a lot of Fruit in those Looms."

"How do you tell someone that you care about deeply 'I told you so'? Gently? With a rose?"

"Ok, everybody listen up. If you're not in that conference room in two minutes, I am going to kill you."

"Just keep the ribs coming."

8. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Just caught up last night on hulu. I loved the Jim/Dwight stopwatch thing. I've missed Jim abusing Dwight lately as he's caught up with romance. My favorite trick of all time was when Jim took all of Dwight's personal things and got the vending machine guy to put them in the vending machine and then Jim telling Dwight he could buy them back. I've always wondered if that would be possible at a real office.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Jim tricking Dwight to thinking that Thursday was actually Friday was the best joke ever.

10. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

The episode wasn't great, but it wasn't the worst, I don't think. I agree with those who say Pam is missed--I know they try to keep her in it with the phone calls, but it just isn't the same.

11. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

why is she gone? is it simply because of the plot or is she leaving the show soon?

12. Scouter

Scouter Member

Plot.

She's at art school in NYC.

Draft saved Draft deleted