1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office 1-18 (SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ellis Redding, Jan 18, 2007.

1. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

So do guys who get laid.

2. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

The Office plays it as a documentary of the typical U.S. workplace. To have people refuse to make TV references (or to create fake ones) would not be in line with the vision of the show.

3. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Allow me to say "ditto" on the producer's cut for this episode. At least three laugh-out loud moments with the deleted scenes plus some other subtle jokes (like Michael calling Oscar's Lexus a finely crafted German piece of machinery).

It wasn't my favorite episode - Andy was a little over the top + Jim had seen him react to a prank earlier in a not-such-a-good manner back in Stamford, but still solid.

4. donnie23

donnie23 Member

A quick non-threadjack echo for dog on Scrubs. Wow. Just an unbelievable half-hour of TV, restoring a bit of faith that creativity on the networks isn't lost forever. I really hope Zach Braff decides to do one more season.

5. Msaint

Msaint Member

semi-related: mrs. saint and i tried to watch the first half-hour of braff's "the last kiss"....was like chewing tinfoil. just brutal.

6. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

ebonics for annoying the bejesus out of me.

That was easily my favorite line, too. What a great show.

7. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Ryan is becoming a little shithead, but the thing I laughed hardest at was the look he gave the camera after adding the accent mark to the N on the "Mexican Lemonade"

8. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

I haven't seen anyone mention it on this thread, but there is a director's cut of this episode available on The Office's official Web site on NBC. Here's a link:
    http://www.nbc.com/The_Office/

It's very funny and offers up a lot more funny stuff involving Dwight and Staples.

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

TV Guide columnist reported last week that Scrubs will be back for one more season, likely with Braff. But here's the kicker -- it might not be on NBC. Article said if the Peacock passes, ABC will pick up final season in a snap.

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

The Thursday night lineup is good. I can't imagine NBC would let it go.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I would think so, too, but they've dicked around with midseason premieres for -- what? -- two or three seasons now? On the DVD commentaries, the show's creator can also be heard occasionally bitching about how NBC hates them. NBC has just been dysfunctional for a while.

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Maybe now that they have the Thursday night lineup, and it's going well, NBC will quit dicking around with them.

Draft saved Draft deleted