1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office 1-18 (SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ellis Redding, Jan 18, 2007.

1. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Another solid episode. My favorite exchange of the night was Ryan and Jim.

Jim: I liked you better when you were the temp.

Ryan: Yeah, me too.

As good as this show is, though, that Scrubs musical was probably the best written, most creative half hour of comedy I've seen in a while. There's absolutely no way that writing, choreographing and filming that episode didn't take forever. It was solid work.

2. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

"What you did for a completely random fellow employee ..." (or something like that)

Two episodes in a row with Stanley smiling - he's lightening up!

Definitely seems like the two Stamford employees left are about to be phased out.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Great, per usual ... but I thought they could have stretched out the Andy/Dwight thing a little longer than that. That had a lot of steam.

4. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I work Thursday nights now, so I've missed the show lately. Except two weeks ago, someone posted a link to watch the show(s) I missed.

I didn't bookmark it.

Can someone please post a website/link where I can find past episodes? Thanks!

5. Jim Halpert

Jim Halpert Member

There is an extended "producer's cut" available for viewing on nbc.com/the_office

I watched it immediately after my tape of the broadcast version and there were plenty of new scenes and new laughs.

Also, not sure if this is the link that was circulating in past weeks, but you can view most, if not all, of the old episodes here: http://www.yourtvlinks.com/the-office.html

Tonight's should show up fairly soon.

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

How about when Dwight returns in the middle of the welcome back Oscar fiesta and says, "All this for me?"

It wasn't just that Jim was working the prank with Pam, it was that Karen could see the chemistry between them. Women sense that sort of stuff.

7. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Gotta love the very faint, muzak version of "Love Lift Us Up Where We Belong" during the Andy-Dwight reunion, and the added Officer and A Gentleman allusion with Dwight's coworker.

And Filipelli's done with Jim. Had to happen.

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

BTW, "Earl" had another incredible show with John Waters as a mortician.

9. dmc

dmc Guest

I wasn't just one thing, she can clearly tell just by being in the same office with them.

(didn't mean to pile on)

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I totally missed the "Love lift us up" thing the first time I watched it (yes I watched it three times last night), but that was brilliant. They do seem to be rushing some of the story lines. I would have thought they could have had Dwight and Andy sniping at each other for most of the season, building up to a big blowup near the finale. I'll also be really sad if this means the end of Rashida Jones. She's really grown on me since she joined the cast.

11. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

Not really, Jim has mostly ignored Pam while Karen has been there. She's just freaking out because of what Phyllis said last episode. I mean, I'm not saying she wasn't right, obviously she was. But it took her one episode to lose her shit.

12. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I think the better comparison is to Niles-Daphne on Frasier. Both were running subplots, but neither completely dominated the show because it didn't involve the show's star (Frasier/Michael). The show would change after they got together, but it wouldn't ruin it.

Draft saved Draft deleted