1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The O.C., R.I.P.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Meh. I'm not as upset as I thought I'd be. To be honest, I was a die-hard fan back in the first two seasons. Season three, I watched maybe half of the season; I have yet to watch an ep of this season. Season 1 was 'it'. I could not wait to watch an ep every week; the Oliver fiasco was awesome.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The first season was a must-watch for me. But hey, that's only because Micha Barton was/is hot. I stopped watching when she left the show.

3. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Micha Barton? Really?

I'm not saying she's ugly by any stretch, but I never understood the big attraction there. Rachel Bilson, I get. But not Barton. In fact, if you were ranking the women on that show, Barton would've been fourth or fifth.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I've never seen The O.C. Any good?

I grew up in the LBC and we looked down on OC'ers. Ha! Too funny. But we all went to Huntington Beach lifeguard station #5 to party, or brought our girlfriends to nice restaurants in Newport Beach, or took said girlfriends to romantic Laguna Beach hideaways. On the drive to San Diego and Tiajuana we'd pass the San Onofre nuculur "nipples." Used to party in Irvine — GO, ANTEATERS! — quite often though the city closed at 5 p.m.. One night in Mission Viejo we got lost in farmland and ran across a private property sign that read "Violators Will Be Eaten." Then there's Carrow's Restaurant in Fountain Valley, where the manager wore polyester bell-bottom pants and we ate greasy potatoe skins for hours on end.

Yeah, good times in The O.C. But not quite as good as the times we raised havoc in the LBC.

5. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Outing alert: Songbird is this man:

[​IMG]

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Funny. I'm not Cordozar Broadus, yes Cordozar (not Calvin), but I went to school with him for 3 years.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Hey, I was 18 at the time...:D

8. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

I never got into the OC, for the same reason I could never get into 90210 when I was in high school.

"Oh great, a show about overprivileged rich kids living in Southern California, who come up to the answer of all of life's problems in less than 60 minutes."

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

Dead. To. BYH.

10. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

TBL flags at half mast today.
    If one more person emails saying that the show 'jumped the shark' when Marissa died ...

Actually thought this season has been great. Wouldn't give up on the show for anything. But FNL has far surpassed it. Hell, so has What about Brian.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Nah. Cougar rocks.

But some things are just so bad to be good. That's 90210.

12. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Chef spoke too soon! Ha!

Draft saved Draft deleted