1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "o-bitch-uary" "trend"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 28, 2012.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Than Bugs?

You're ... de-spic-able.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

What a maroon.

3. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Oops - I was referring to the Casio strains of "Peer Gynt" on Little
    Einsteins, not to Looney Tunes. You kidding me? I live Bugs Bunny.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I can think of anything more meta than Slate making an argument against being a contrarian.

We've reached the end of the Internet, folks.

I hope Slate can give us some thoughts on other children's programing soon though.

Slate: Why Swiper the Fox's frequent larceny and failure to respect Dora's property rights is actually good for immigration reform

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Absolutely.

I learned to never expect a happy ending in an opera.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I can honestly say Little Einsteins influenced my kids in a good way. Made them appreciate music in a way I could never do. Made them appreciate art as well. My kids wanted to go to the art museum as 5-year-olds. Can't beat that.

But being that I'm weird as hell, the most infamous PBS Kids show was the short-lived Boobah ...

[​IMG]

Absolutely the weirdest and most annoying shit ever. My kids were right in the target age when it was on PBS in the mid 2000s. Even though they weren't old enough to have a sense of WTF?, they would look at it and look at me with a WTF? look on their face.

I was to them as the Krofft shows were to me in the 70s. Weird can be good and foster creativity. (Yo Gabba Gabba! also fits this mold, but in a much more awesome way, even though my kids now claim they're too old for it). I think every kid needs to be exposed to a little bit of weird.

Look where it got me!

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Boobah was educational to me, because I got to experience life as a stoner for 30 minutes each day. It was like some suit watched Teletubbies and asked "Could you make this plot a little less highbrow?"

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

FoxNews: Liberal Dora should not continue to enable Swiper's poor decision and throw him in jail forever where he belongs. Next at 8, the Grumpy Old Troll reviews GOP candidates.

MSNBC: Dora should be applauded for helping to reform the poor decisions made by Swiper and make him a productive member of society. Next at 8, Boots discusses successful transition into American culture.

10. bbnews60

bbnews60 Member

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse has had some risque moments.

I wasn't paying attention the first time I heard this one.

This one also is interesting. An often fruitless search to be sure.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Oh my god. Boobah. I had forgotten about that. That website was a trip.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

One of the earliest shows my oldest loved to watch was Disney's "Bear in the Big Blue House?"

It was pretty harmless stuff, although Ojo the little girl bear was about as annoying as Caillou. And the ending of the show was always nice when the Bear and the Moon would sing the "Goodbye Song".

My son got out of his "Bear" phase at the perfect time. The last episode I saw discussed privacy. The backstory was Bear had his girlfriend from Europe visiting and wanted the other animals in the house to sleep outside, and Ojo whined that it wasn't fair.

Found it pretty surprising that they were actually having Bear hook up. I supposed the next episode would have dealt with avoiding fights by inviting the second girl bear to a threesome or something.

Draft saved Draft deleted