1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The NY Post's Cory Lidle comic

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by enigami, Oct 15, 2006.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I checked. He did collect his last check. But it would have been an Aaron Boone situation. There was specific language in the contract that made the contract invalid if he got injured or died while piloting a plane. So if he was still under contract, the Yankees could have done what they did with Boone, and just torn up the contract. Only thing I was saying is that something in my gut says that Steinbrenner would have done "the benevolent old man taking care of the widow and child" instead of turning into a pitbull over the contract.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

It could very well have been "conservative" and lost zero meaning or accuracy.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Actually, "The Onion" was pretty damn funny the week after 9/11 at a time I really needed a laugh.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Actually, no, because you're the ones trying to tell people on college campuses that they have to avoid divisive speech, can't criticize feminists or Louis Farrakhan and aren't allowed to invite conservative speakers for a student union honorarium.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Says the mouthpiece of the party that censors the public from seeing the imagery of this war.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Hondo, I see your points and they make sense, but the bottom line is the outlets you named are not mainstream daily newspapers.
    The ones you mentioned, well, you expect that sick humor from.
    Not the Post.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

I've got some great Helen Keller jokes.... ;D

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

BOTH of you have sucky political views. :p

Expected answer from one/both: Sure beats not having any.

Rejoinder: No. Really, it doesn't. Honestly.

10. joe

joe Active Member

Good thing he wasn't riding Barbaro in that cartoon.

11. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

The Post = Wrong. Simply wrong, absurd and insensitive.

One of the best RIP comics I've seen in the last 10ish years goes like this. It's sketch of Kermit the Frog, slouched over, but looking forward with a tear or two dripping. And the "word-balloon," where the words he'd be 'speaking' is absolutely blank.That was for Jim Henson's death. I can't remember where I saw it, but it registered in my memory. That's class.

The Post didn't have it here.

RIP Mr. Lidle

Draft saved Draft deleted