1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Number 23: Jim Carrey's new movie doesn't add up

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Feb 2, 2007.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Saw it last night...can highly recommend that you don't.

Rent Stranger than Fiction when it comes out in a few weeks instead...the themes and plot points are eerily similar, except that STF starred the far more entertaining Will Ferrell, had far more laughs (about 12 v. 0 -- if you don't count the 3 times the audience laughed at inappropriate times during 23) and was far more creative. And that's not saying much.

"23" will be marketed I suppose as a horror film, but there was no horror. Maybe it will be marketed as a murder mystery, although there really isn't one.

Clearly it's time Carrey goes back to comedy.

I just hope that the next movie involving the No. 23 involves Michael Jordan.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Or Dr Pepper.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Or "3 2".

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I hear Michael Jordan's the killer.

5. I heard it was Ryne Sandberg.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I was intrigued when I saw the trailer for '23' because I have a geeky interest in synchonicity, numerology and R.A. Wilson.
    And 5 is my favorite number as the basis for rudimentary math and the union of the female 2 and the male 3, among other things.
    But at the same that my curiousity was piqued, I was thinking 'That's probably going to suck.'

To give Carey credit, 'The Truman Show' was good and 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' was fantastic.

Draft saved Draft deleted