1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Nuggets just scored 168 points

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deskslave, Mar 16, 2008.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Criminy.

How many times have I read on here a wish that the NBA would return to its glory days when teams did not milk the clock, and they put up 80-100 shots a game?

And now this is a reason NOT to watch it? Like it's some kind of "typical" game? I guess I can't watch baseball then, because the Rangers beat the Orioles 30-3 once last year. That's a run every 1.5 at-bats. What an embarrassment.

Might as well say, "This is why I can't watch pro basketball. The damn sun came up in the east again this morning."

Makes as much sense.

2. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

44 assists so it wasn't like they were just jacking it up.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

No it's not, you're mixing up ABs and outs.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Nope, he didn't do that either (numbers don't work there either). I'm guessing the 1.5 was just a number he threw out there. It was one run every 1.9 ABs (for the Rangers).

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

Fun little stat on Denver.

Second most points they've scored in a game.

Put up 184 against Detroit with General Westhead.....and that game they LOST!

Lost 186-184 in 3OT.

6. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I think Moe was the coach in that one. It was like in 1984. Alex English, Kiki Vandeweghe, Isiah, and the immortal Kelly Tripucka all had over 40 I believe, some of them might have had over 50.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Indeed it was.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Ain't ya glad the Knicks got rid of him? Instead of a shot blocking and rebounding force in the paint, Team Isiah has the Duo of Uselessness, Eddy Curry and Zach Randolph.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Don't worry HB. Isiah will be announced as the new head coach at IU soon after the Hogs bounce the Hoosiers from the tournament.

10. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Moe was the coach back then.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I've always found that a good enough reason.

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

No worries here. After the season ends, Dolan will give Isiah a 20 year extension.

Draft saved Draft deleted