1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Nuggets just scored 168 points

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deskslave, Mar 16, 2008.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

AKA, when it's not the frakkin' All Star game.

2. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

Once Camby (the ultimate stat whore) got his TD, the starters left. They chucked up a lot of 3s and Yakhouba Diawara, who might be the worst offensive player in the league, was lighting it up from 3.

JR Smith missed some open 3s late that could have broken the regulation record. This was a blast for a Nuggets fan.

3. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

True. I guess in basketball you can't really run down the clock without taking a shot near the end. Not like football.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I thought Doug Moe was an assistant coach for the Nuggets nowadays anyway.

5. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

He is. And it seems like he's wearing the same suits he wore when he was head coach.

He doesn't do much beyond sit on the bench and look confused, though.

6. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

From the Seattle Times' gamer:

"We didn't offer any defensive resistance at all," said P.J. Carlesimo after his team lost for the 12th time in 13 games.

7. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

Lately, Karl has had some interesting things to say about the Sonics ownership and what they're doing with the team. Maybe he just enjoys doing to the Sonics what the Sonics are doing to their fans.

8. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

Just to chime in on the ROY debate: Luis Scola. Houston's 22-1 since they put him in the starting lineup He's averaging 11.9 ppg, 6.8 rpg, .75 spg, while shooting 50% from the field. The attitude and leadership he's brought to the team has been excellent as well. He's brought a lot of grit and toughnes.

9. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

The way the Sonics have been playing the past few weeks, P.J. might just choke himself to end the misery.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure George Karl hasn't forgotten the way he was dumped by the Sonics. Pretty dumb, too. Also, I think he'd be willing to blast the Sonics for those in Seattle whose venom for ownership continues to grow.

And if P.J. admitted his team wasn't offering any defensive resistance, should Denver just toss the ball in the fifth row every time down the floor to counteract a matador defensive effort?

11. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Atlanta is 10 games under .500 in the shitty Eastern Confernce with Joe Johnson, Josh Smith and Mike Bibby (partial season) surrounding Horford.

12. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

This is why I can't watch pro basketball. If I do the math correct, this game had a shot attempt every 14 seconds. I don't blame the players for shooting if no one's going to guard them, but there are teams that don't shoot this often in practice. This is an embarrassment.

Draft saved Draft deleted