1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The NIT: Ohio State vs. California

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Mar 24, 2008.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Am I dreaming or is Cal and Ohio St. playing in old St. John's Arena tonight? If they are, that is fucking awesome!!!!! I miss that old barn.

2. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

They had to move to St. John's due to Springsteen being in town. Tickets went like wildfire when it was announced.

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

For Springsteen, for Ohio State, or for both?

4. D-3 Fan

Thank you Boss for letting it be Old School night at St. John's! That place was a house of horrors when Eldon Miller, Jimmy Jackson, and Jay Burson was going gangsta on the Big 10.

5. In Exile

In Exile Member

Wherefore art thou Jimmy Crum?

6. D-3 Fan

From seeing the camera pan around St. John's, the fans will flock to see The Ohio State University.

Ah yes, Jimmy Crum, the Dean of Central Ohio Sportscasters.

7. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

For Ohio State (at least, considering it was an NIT game).

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I think it's pretty cool watching it. Love the old barns.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'd love to see more schools do this (maybe during the holiday break when students are gone would be the most feasible time).

UNC playing at Carmichael again? The Hogs at Barnhill Arena again? That would be great ... in small doses.

10. It's the second time Ohio State had to do it this year.

I can't recall which non-conference laugher it was back during break that they had to play there.

It is kind of a novel idea and something that would be a lot of fun for certain schools to do...heck, I'd love to see Penn State play a game in Rec Hall over break (or maybe all the time, since it's not like they need many of the seats at the Bryce Jordan Center anyway).

Edit: It was VMI that Ohio State beat in St. John Arena earlier this season.

11. didntdoit19

didntdoit19 Member

Another Mizzou game at Hearnes would be excellent...

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

K-State at Ahern Fieldhouse

Arkansas at Barnhill would be awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted