1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Night is (still) dark and full of terrors — running House of the Dragon thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Aug 19, 2022.

1. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

I’m sure I can google it from the books, but have they explained what’s up with the king’s skin and finger losing in the show? They’ve had scenes, but i don’t think anyone has said he has xyz?

2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Yeah these people make Ned Stark look like a barrell of laughs.

Maybe the witty/comedic relief types are coming after the time jump? We can hope

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

They’re medieval doctors. They don’t have any idea what it is.

4. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Fair point. Was making sure I wasn’t missing something.

5. JimmyHoward33

The medievil doctors know what greyscale is and how to do abortion potions so I mean….. given what we saw of the Citadel with Samwell its perfectly reasonable to think they’d know what this king has

So far they’ve not said, though

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Not full Red Wedding but a lighter red. Pink wedding perhaps

7. JimmyHoward33

Seems like a weird place for the time jump…..we dont knows whos on which side as far as instigating the death…..beyond the obvious Alicent, was she in league with just Cole? Daemon too? Some combination of allegiances? They’re going to skip ten years and no one will know or care by then? Seems odd

8. Spartan Squad

I thought the death was instigated by Cole coming face-to-face with the reality of the situation and sort of being told to know his place as a side piece. Alicent—having stumbled into what Rhaenyra was really up to the night she was deflowered—went to Cole to form an alliance realizing he was just a pawn in all of it. I don't think Daemon is in on it yet but complicated matters by showing up.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  9. JimmyHoward33

Mostly agreed, whats not clear is whats Alicents end game here? Just hurt Rhynera so shes in a miserable marriage just like she is? Removing the two consorts doesnt get her son any closer to the throne, unless some other house is in on a bigger plot

Spartan Squad likes this.
  10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

2526551C-E167-43F4-80BB-595AC5202272.jpeg

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Oh, they’ll care.

That green dress she wore to the dinner? That was a declaration of war (the comment about the light in Hightower when it calls its banners called attention to it), and the representative of House Hightower she spoke to has already straight out told Alicent that they’re on her side.

When we come back in six days, we’ll have two new actresses and the battle lines already set. And we didn’t see Ser Criston die, did we?

12. Spartan Squad

No, Alicent got there at the last second to interrupt him from committing seppuku

Draft saved Draft deleted