1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The night HE came home, redux!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Colton, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Colton

Colton Active Member

One of the best times for yours truly ever at the movies came when this film opened in 1978. I was 14.
    GREAT movie, awesome soundtrack and, get this: nary a drop of blood shown...just a terrific story.
    I will be looking forward to seeing this classic on the big screen again.

http://www.frightcatalog.com/blog/2012/09/14/john-carpenters-halloween-returns-to-theaters/

John Carpenter’s Halloween Returns to Theaters « Halloween Blog – Costumes & Decorations – FrightCa
    www.frightcatalog.com
    Are you sitting down? You better be, because I have news that may just knock you off your feet. This October, John Carpenter’s Halloween, featuring the original mask that spawned so many other Michael Myers masks, is getting a nationwide theatrical re-release. That’s right – evil comes home, again.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Wonder why they're doing it this year rather than wait until the 35th anniversary? Other than John Carpenter has a mortgage payment due?

One of my favorite movies of all-time, though. Just a great, scary movie that remains watchable on the 100th viewing. A true classic that inspired countless knockoffs and, sadly, countless sequels that never lived up to the original.
    Speaking of sequels, let's all sing ... Fortythree days till Hallo-ween, Hall-o-ween, Hall-o-ween, Fortythree days till Hall-o-ween, Sil-ver Sham-rock!

3. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Wanna hear something really scary?

If it doesn't play in Boise, I'll have to drive to Chubbuck to see it.

4. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Watched it on TV when I was about 9, with my dad sitting next to me. I literally shat bricks.

Loved the Rob Zombie remake couple of years ago.

5. Colton

Colton Active Member

Agree on all of the above. The fact Carpenter himself did the score amazes me.

The basic theme is iconic, but a piece titled The Shape Stalks is nerve rattling.

All done on a shoestring budget, with Donald Pleasance being the only name at the time.

Draft saved Draft deleted