1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The NFL's top QB... RIGHT NOW.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PhilaYank36, Sep 18, 2007.

?

Taking into account in-game and leadership skills, who is the best quarterback in the NFL right now?

1. Carson Palmer - CIN

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  2. Peyton Manning - IND

35 vote(s)
    64.8%
  3. Tom Brady - NE

10 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. Jake Delhomme - CAR

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Tony Romo - DAL

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  6. Ben Roethlisberger - PIT

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Donovan McNabb - PHI

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Vince Young - TEN

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  9. Marc Bulger - STL

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Brett Favre - GB

3 vote(s)
    5.6%
  11. Matt Leinart - ARI

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Eli Manning - NYG

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  13. Kellen Clemens - NYJ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Jay Cutler - DEN

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Jon Kitna - DET

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Derek "I Can't Believe I'm Doing This" Anderson - CLE

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  17. Trent Green - MIA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Matt Hasselbeck - SEA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, there's a shock. :)

Seriously, would you like to give Brady credit for Adailus Thomas being a pretty good linebacker, too?

Moss is playing better because he feels like it. Yes, it helps to have a quarterback who can actually get him the ball, but more than half the quarterbacks in the league can do that better than what he had with him in Oakland. And most of them have offensive lines, too, something the Raiders don't have. No line, no time for Moss to get deep.

Welker is doing exactly what he did in Miami last year. Obviously, Brady helps those guys. And yes, he will be better this year because he actually has decent receivers this time.

The answer could change by the end of the year once we see what Brady can do over a full season with those weapons. But for now, it's still Manning at No. 1.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Kellen Clemens?

I'm as big of a Jets fan as you'll find, and there's no way he belongs on the list. Neither does Chad Pennington, who, mercifully isn't on the list.

The answer is Peyton. He's the best QB in the game with Brady and Palmer 1A and 1B.

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

1. Manning
    2. Brady
    3. (heatlhy)McNabb
    4. Palmer
    5. Brees
    6. Bulger

Eli is looking like he's ready to make the jump to be in this group.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

1. Manning
    2. Brady
    3. Palmer

Then, there is a long drop...

5. Chuck~Taylor

Palmer has had a lot of talent for a while and he still hasn't gotten his far into the playoffs. McNabb, as of right now, is a much more proven QB.

6. outofplace

McNabb has had something Palmer never has -- a defense to help him out.

Not to mention the fact that Palmer got hurt on his first or second play from scrimmage in the first round of the playoffs two years ago, so it's not like he stunk it up or anything that day.

Palmer is also healthy now. McNabb is not and he has been breaking down more and more the last few seasons. Even if it was just for this year (taking the youth factor out of the equation), I'd take Palmer over McNabb.

7. Chuck~Taylor

Palmer has had something McNabb has never had:
    1. Great o-line
    2. An excellent array of wide receivers
    3. A great back(westbrook wasn't there his whole career, plus reid dosn't give him the ball anyways)
    4. a good play caller

Again, stop saying this "McNabb has been breaking down" stuff. Before he got injured last year, he was at the top of the NFL in TD's, passing yards etc. and was a strong candidate for MVP.

8. outofplace

Breaking down failing to finish either of the last two seasons due to injury.

And when you bring up playoff success, the main difference between the two is that McNabb had great defenses helping him along.

Again, two years ago, I agree with you. Now, Palmer is better.

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

1. Manning
    2. Brady

3. Palmer

4. Everyone else.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Agree completely... The thread said RIGHT NOW... Right now, McNabb is nowhere close to being in the top five... If you're going on entire careers, it would go 1. Favre, 2. Manning, 3. Brady, 4. McNabb and then there would be a long drop until No. 5...

11. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

I have to agree with the way Hammer Pants put it. I voted for Brady (because I'm a Pats fanboy loser), but Manning has put up other-worldy numbers for so long, you can't put them on the same level. That said, a full season with a loaded stable of weapons for Brady should show us how close he and Manning actually are.

For years, I loved pulling out the "how many rings?" argument, but Manning has a title and the stats now, so that's no longer a valid stance. I do feel that Manning has always had far superior offensive personnel across the board to work with, but that changed this year with the players New England brought in.

This debate will be better when re-visited at year's end. If Brady puts up Manning-esque numbers all season (as he has through two weeks), hopefully he'll be considered on Manning's level.

As a Pats fanboy loser, of course I'd take Brady. I doubt if anyone starting a team would complain about getting either guy.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Practicing his "gutty leadership skills" and of course talking to Jeebus. ::) ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted