1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The NFL's ratings crisis

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Oct 17, 2016.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That PolitiFact decided to fact check this is hilarious. What's even funnier is that they think a 9% drop in ratings is a nothingburger.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Trying to fact check that statement is silly, as it all hinges on what the undefined term "way" means. The ratings are undisputably down, but to an extent that qualifies as "way"? Who the fuck knows, depends how you interpret the word.

Trump is a pathological liar, but I'll give him a pass here. We wouldn't be discussing this on a 42-page-thread entitled "NFL's Ratings Crisis" if there was no meat to that statement.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Now explain why NASCAR ratings are in the absolute fucking toilet while at the same time every peckerwood Trump fan is still standing for the national anthem.

NASCAR 2017 TV Ratings

The WNBA looks at NASCAR ratings and says, what the fuck?

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I'm not sure which is worse, lol or nothing burger.

Can you point me to the sport or TV show that is topping the NFL's numbers? Are ratings not down as a whole for everything?

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Need to wait a few weeks and see how the MLB postseason does vs the NFL.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Because France and NASCAR keep fucking with the format and turning fans off.

7. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Not a huge Nascar fan, but friends who are agree with that.
    Also, isn't it kind of a transitional time, with Jr retiring and Gordon just retiring last year. Seemed that as great as Johnson was/is, he didn't generate the love or hate that Gordon and Jr did. It seems now it will be a year or two before we can tell who the next most loved/hated drivers will be.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Who the hell is going to feel strongly one way or the other about Martin Truex? The only personalities, for better or worse, left among the top drivers are the Busch brothers. I admire Johnson to the max, but he'd be the first person to tell you he's not interested in getting the crowd aroused.

9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

As far as I'm concerned, they're all assholes who need to slow down and learn to use turn signals.

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

And quit wasting irreplaceable fossil fuels.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Tony Stewart, too. And, to a lesser degree, Carl Edwards.

Chase Elliott and Kyle Larson are the guys (along with Kyle Busch). They just need to start winning, which they will.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Agreed, but the fact remains that they've fucked with the format so much that it has taken away from the race. Why should I truly care if somebody won the first third of the race?

HanSenSE and Inky_Wretch like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted