1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The NFL: Where Money Is All That Matters

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Nov 29, 2007.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

They do not change days, only times.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Ah, I see. Because after 12 games they gotta get that extra day of practice in, or they have no chance to win.

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

If the Redskins had asked for the game to be move, it would be an issue. They didn't, so I don't see the big deal. Sure, it would be easier for them during a horrible time, but they didn't ask for it.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm just guessing here, but isn't Monday an off day for most teams? I would think that's part of the reason the funeral was scheduled for Monday, so as not to interfere on the Redskins' preparations.

This is a great tragedy, don't get me wrong. And the NFL is looking a little like douchebags with the statement about TV partners being inconvenienced. But this seems like somebody's trying to make something out of nothing.
    Stuff happens. The world only stops for a few hours. They're not playing Monday night, they're playing three days later and not missing work time, as it were. These are supposed to be grown men, so treat them like it.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The soccermom-ification of Amreicans has hit the NFL fans.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

No, the least the NFL could do is not force teams to play two games in five days in the first place.

7. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Real life? You mean, the little people?

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

NFL players' off days are Tuesdays. But no off days when you have a short week by playing on Thursday.

9. Hell with it. Move the damn game.
    What do I care?

10. BBJones

BBJones Guest

I'll have to ask again, didn't the Yankees play the night of Munson's funeral?

The Baseball Bunch will rip football at any chance they get.

And the reality is, in many business you wouldn't even get off work to go to a co-worker's funeral, because they aren't a relative. You'd work 9-5, then go to calling hours at 7. If you wanted to go to the actual funeral, you'd have to use a vacation day.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

This has nothing to do with baseball, you fucking idiot.

12. BBJones

BBJones Guest

Wow, another well thought-out post from one of SJ's finest. It has nothing to do with baseball other than the football-bashing baseball cum-guzzlers attacking football for doing something for which baseball has a far-worse precedent.

Draft saved Draft deleted