1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The next Texas A&M?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Mar 20, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Shelby Metcalf (RIP) would disagree with A&M never being on the map.

2. I guess my point about UM was that, if their facilities are mediocre, and they need to upgrade them, they have the wherewithal to do it in about 11 seconds.

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Indeed. That hoops program really shouldn't struggle.

4. I'm a homer on this one, too, but I think South Carolina could be the surprise team in the SEC and make the NCAAs next year. The tranfers will be a huge boost, though the one from Syracuse can't play until the fall semester is over. The problem will be size. Lots of guys in the 6-7 range, 215-pound range. That worries me because they all seem to be wing-type players, not bangers who are going to mix it up inside. Next season is a pivotal one for the program, and for someone who was in school there during the excellent 1997 and 1998 seasons (yeah, I know, Coppin State and Richmond ... shut up), I really want to see them succeed.

Draft saved Draft deleted