1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The next Texas A&M?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Mar 20, 2007.

2. They also won't graduate a single player.

3. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

didn't take long for the ol' huggs doesn't graduate anyone myth... glad it made it so early

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Cosmo,

You also could title this thread "The next USC?"

5. WSKY

WSKY Member

I go with Michigan. The next guy to take that job will have them in the NCAAs in two season or less.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Didn't they say that about the last guy?

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Ball State!

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

You beat me to it.

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

You beat me to it.

10. I'm not safely putting A&M on the map forever, either. These two years could be a blip, too. Gillespie leaves.The Acie Law class graduates, and they could be right back down the hill in a hurry.
    Otherwise, my bet's on Michigan. Given their revenues and the power of the AD, there's no excuse for Michigan to be mediocre in any sport for a long period of time.

11. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Don't they have just mediocre facilities? Not that it's a dealbreaker for recruits, but it matters some...

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The arena's fairly new. It opened about five-six years ago. Not sure if they have a practice court, which is the new toy all basketball programs have to have these days.

The real drawback to playing for Texas A&M is that you have to live in College Station.

Draft saved Draft deleted