1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The News-Sentinel-Fort Wayne, IN

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Illinoissportseditor, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

This is not to jump on Mr. Starks but at least he gave an explanation. That's better than what the people at the Lake Charles American did. From what I understand, they talked money and had people believing they had a shot at the gig.
    No wonder so many people are leaving the business.

2. koolbreeze

koolbreeze Member

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

It's not like newspapers have the market cornered on (at times) poor hiring etiquette. It happens, even if it shouldn't.

Let's push the discussion back to the job.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

They are starting to begin the interview process.

5. I sleep like a baby every night knowing I no longer reside in the backwards hellhole you call home. And give me a freaking break. Unless you're interviewing 20 candidates in person, there is no excuse for not sending an email to tell someone about the status of their interview. This smacks of a lack of organizational skills.

And character, Elbert? This is a freaking message board. You're approaching a gunfight with a knife.

I'd rather live in Pimlico without a car than reside in Indiana...again.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

You're on the wrong board for Indiana bashing, detective. I want your badge by 9 a.m. tomorrow.

7. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I could see the detective singing "Indiana Wants Me" before too long.

8. koolbreeze

koolbreeze Member

"Indiana Wants Me" by R. Dean Taylor ... now there's a one-hit wonder.

Draft saved Draft deleted