1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The News-Sentinel-Fort Wayne, IN

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Illinoissportseditor, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Company: The News-Sentinel
    Position:SPORTS EDITOR WANTED
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires: November 13, 2008
    Job ID: 306426

Description:
    Love high school football? What about college basketball? Tennis anyone? If you answered yes to these questions, then we want to talk to you. The Fort Wayne (Ind.) News-Sentinel, 25,000 circ. daily, is looking for a sports editor. Not just any sports editor, candidates will have at least two years managerial experience and know sports inside and out. Knowledge of page design and being Web savvy is a definite plus. We are looking for someone to continue to lead our sports staff in the new-media age with video broadcasts and being interactive on the Web. If this sounds right up your alley, please send your resume and any writing samples to Natalia Bethea, The News-Sentinel, 600 West Main St., Fort Wayne, IN 46802.

Apply for this position by using the contact information above or by completing the online application below. Mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.

2. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

That circulation number knocked me over. Last I looked, mid-40s.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

McClatchy sold it; not sure if it was to Ogden or Black.

Anyway, circulation is down because it's a PM paper in an AM world, but there are at least two veterans in that department who are great writers and reporters and even better people. They don't cover preps like they used to because they simply don't have the resources, but there's some great prep football and basketball programs in the coverage area, and I believe they still cover all Colts home games.

And the night editor is a White Sox fan. :D

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Aren't there two papers in Fort Wayne? Did they merge or did one go under?

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Still two papers.

6. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

Two papers, two owners, one building. Journal-Gazette (AM) is family-owned.

7. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

decent area, but Pallister said it best. PM paper in an AM world.

8. thebigd

thebigd Member

one building? That makes no sense

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

It's not that big of a deal. What is a big deal is that Ft. Wayne is still a two-paper town.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Journal-Gazette is the first place I ever interviewed, and my trip there was my first in an airplane.

Has it really been 25 years?

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

I once interviewed there too. I flew in a plane where there was one row of seats and each of the seats were folded down. It was a very bumpy ride. After reaching Cincinnati where I was to change planes, I swore I wouldn't step foot in a plane like that or take the job if offered. I didn't get the gig so I never stepped foot on another plane like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted