1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The New York Times goes there

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jan 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Nobody would care.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If it's reported that Bill has been fucking a bunch of bimbos, does the press ask Hillary about it?

If they do -- and maybe they won't -- she has to say something, right?

What does she say?

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That she has a concussion and doesn't remember.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"I didn't care 20 years ago, why would I care now? Next."

If she wanted to get more expansive about it, she could say, "You think I've had even the slightest interest or concern over where he's been shoving his shriveled old meatsnake for about the last 30 years? Nah."

But the much wiser course would be a very basic variation of "i don't care."

Because that ends the whole thing right there.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

To which the Right starts screaming, "BUT, BUT, HE'S AN ADULTERER! HE'S GOING TO HELL AND ANYBODY WHO CONDONES IT IS ALSO GOING TO HELL! ANYBODY GOING TO HELL ISN'T QUALIFIED TO BE PRESIDENT!!!!"

6. Starman

Nobody who takes any of that shit seriously is ever ever ever going to vote for anybody named Clinton in any election.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think you're kidding yourselves.

Women would have a problem with Hillary staying with Bill if they learned their marriage was less than traditional, and that she was aware of, and did not have a problem with his fucking other women.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Nah. The Sandra Fluke wing of the party will look at it as a positive.

9. Starman

Any woman who cares about that stuff has had 20 years to think about it, and Hillary Clinton still enjoys a monumental advantage in poll support among females against any hypothetical GOP opponent.

And if her team detected any significant move in those numbers, she could finally throw Bubba over the side, divorce him, keep 98% of her female support and probably even pick up some small number of the moralists who would admire her for finally kicking the horndog to the curb.

But once again none (as in 0.0 percent) of those people are ever going to vote for her anyway, so why would she care?

Actually if Hillary had divorced Bubba in about 1998-2000, IMO she would probably be (or have been) President already.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I should know better to engage, but she entered the primary as the overwhelming favorite to win the nomination in a year that the Democrats were nearly certainly going to win. Bill was, and remains the top fundraising and campaigning asset for any democrat. Your theory is that had she divorced him while she was first lady, she would have defeated Obama in the primary?

11. Starman

My theory is if she had dumped Bubba in 1998-2000, she would probably have been elected in 2004 (and possibly in 2000).

Just think, if she had run in 2000, the GOP candidate (let's assume it was Bush) would have been running primarily on a platform of "Bill Clinton Sucks" (pretty much as turned out in real life).

Candidate Hillary Rodham waves the divorce decree and says, "well shit, you don't have to tell ME that."

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

You're suggesting that had she run for president, with no prior political experience, she would have beaten Gore, the popular, sitting VP in the primary?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.