1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The New Michelle Obama

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

But, but, only Republicans are racists!

2. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I also find it hilarious that she is touring Vietnam with Operation Smile, a non-profit that provides facial reconstruction surgery. I'm sure it's not vanity-inspired cosmetic work, but it is still funny that this is Cindy McCain's cause.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Damn straight.

But it would be fun to see the privileged witch try.

Cindy, this Bud's for you.

7. Mizzougrad96

I find it hard to rip someone for working for Product Smile, which helps deformed third-world kids, but I'll be the first to admit that Cindy McCain does not need to be drawing attention to herself by getting into a flame war with Michelle Obama.

Based on the link, I thought she gave an acceptable answer to the first question, which was "Were you insulted by Michelle Obama saying..." and it doesn't appear that she took the bait.

I didn't have a problem when she made reference to the comment in the speech the next day since it had just happened.

The more she's out there, the more they'll come after her. If the republicans are smart, they will dramatically limit her public appearances. If the democrats are smart, they'll do the same with Michelle.

I don't think either one can do anything but hurt their husbands.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Which I don't understand the furor over.....

I can't recall the last time I was proud of the people in this country either.

9. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

I can. It was yesterday, when I was reading Obama literature aloud to my wife and nearly started to cry. That's how I feel about this election.

10. Mizzougrad96

That's just fucking sad.

11. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

The language was moving, particularly as the literature started to describe a woman in the Midwest who gave Obama a bracelet with her dead son's name on it. If that image doesn't stir emotions in you, then your problems might be about much more than your political leanings.

12. Mizzougrad96

I apologize for saying that's sad, but I'm just too cynical to think that any presidential candidate is going to come in and change the world.

There are always plenty of moving moments on the campaign trail and not nearly enough of them when they're actually in office.

That has nothing to do with Obama, just politicians in general.

Draft saved Draft deleted