1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The New Michelle Obama

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot. Now I am picturing W, Laura, Dick Cheney, his daughter and her girlfriend in a hot tub. I don't know what Dick is up to.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Because there is no place more racist than Chicago.

3. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

By the way, I'm watching Michelle Obama's appearance on "The View" right now. (First time I've ever watched the show, honestly. When Barbara Walters started talking about panty hose, I figured out why.)

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Close . . . but the winner in that competition is Bahsten.

5. Mizzougrad96

My opinion is that she comes across as very unlikable, as opposed to her husband who seems about as likable as you can.

6. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Shit, I thought this thread was going to announce Obama was having an affair with Michelle Malkin.

7. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

Everytime I see Michelle Obama I think of Deacon's wife Kelly on "King of Queens"

8. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Why is "likeability" so much of an issue with Michelle Obama, when Laura Bush, on a good day, is a robot who watches the world go idly by as she watches her husband put the US in an atomic death spiral.

Hillary Clinton didn't exactly have much of a fan club, except when people galvanized to be on her side during the impeachment proceedings.

Pearl necklace Bush was a matronly background character who could wave and not much else. People will remember her for her snide Katrina remarks, as well as for not getting an abortion when W was born.

To go back to having a universally-loved first lady, you'd probably have to go back to Jackie O and Lady Bird Johnson. And for the record, I hope Michelle Obama's smoked pot in her past, that'd make me like her even more for having the stones to admit it.

9. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Based on the clips you've seen on Fox News, no doubt.

10. Mizzougrad96

You answered your own question. How much did we see Laura Bush during either campaign other than waving to the crowd or standing next to her husband?

Laura Bush has the "overdosed on lithium" look and they wisely minimized her public appearances.

The more active a candidate's wife is on the campaign trail the more people are going to go after her.

Unfortunately, a lot of people are threatened by a strong woman and would rather see a doped-up librarian or someone who is simply arm candy.

Elizabeth Dole would have been an incredible First Lady. Hell, she would have been an excellent president.

11. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Why do people find her unlikable? She's only been in the public eye a short time, so is it just that patriotism line?

12. Mizzougrad96

This is kind of funny, but for some reason that has never been adequately explained to us, we can't get channels 360-365 on our DirecTV, so we haven't been able to watch Fox News for about two months now.

We try to watch Headline News, which I feel is a little more balanced than regular CNN.

Draft saved Draft deleted