1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The New Era In Media

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Dec 13, 2008.

1. I think "douchepie" may be my new favorite word.
    Well struck, prez.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I liked this from the comments section:

3. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

No doubt Cowboys Chris is a fanboi/loser/douchebag of the highest order. However, I think his big mouth opinions come with the territory.

1. If he wants to wait around and yell at "His Heroes" (or their coaches), that's his right. If this was like politics where at candidate rallies they don't allow opposing views and plant supporting placards and commenters, I think we'd call consider that a bit Big Brotherish.

2. I didn't watch all the YouTube stuff but it doesn't appear that he uses any profanity.

3. These TV Fucks need to understand that their world isn't their sound stage or studio. If someone set up a satellite truck in front of my house to do a broadcast and I didn't like it, I'd be blasting the stereo, beeping my car horn an acting like a total dick until they packed up and moved down the street.

4. How many print journalists have ever been in a locker room scrum hand been body checked out of the way by some camera-toting defensive end who believes he has the God-given right to "get the shot." We're all trying to do our jobs. TV folks just think their job is the most important one there is.

5. The ESPN producer in the original clip came off as the same level jack ass as Cowboys Chris. Seems to me that if you've got to get "your talent" on the air for a quick hit, then you go down the hill engage the Other Asshole in a calm, quiet conversation that attempts to distract him from yelling. But again, ESPN owns the rights to everything else, so no doubt its employees believe the own the right to use an outdoor setting as their own private sound stage.

4. I have had more than my share of run-ins with TV people in postgame scrums.
    That said, people ought to be able to do their jobs without some poseur showing up to heckle himself on to YouTube, and Deadspin should grow a brain.

5. Sly

Sly Active Member

Is it just me or does Cowboy Chris seem like he's two more heckles away from breaking down in tears and asking someone to hold him?

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I just wish the heckler was funnier.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And now TO throws gas on the fire by calling out Werder and saying he was lying.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

It's just so cute how so many here hold this special brand of animosity toward TV journalists.

It's just another medium for storytelling and breaking news. One that a lot of people seem to like.

10. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

I think it's cuz they all have fake tans and say shit like "Whammy".

As for Cowboy Chris, I hope he enjoys felching his videographer after this win. I'm sure he's outside Texas Stadium waiting to bark at Eli Manning or something mature like that.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Don't pay attention to Sock Puppet....
    We all know the correct term is TV Geeks...

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think the Cowboys would release Owens right now but are worried about pissing off the guys on defense who agree with him.

Draft saved Draft deleted