1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The New Era In Media

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Deadspin -- and its readers -- celebrate a public jackass.

http://deadspin.com/5109218/ed-werner-gets-owned

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

When did John Herrera start working for the Cowboys?

For a second I saw the deep set eyes, prominent forehead and I figured it was Drew Rosenhaus.

I can't wait for Sunday night. Might get the biggest ranking of a non-Super Bowl game in decades.

3. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

What a crybaby. I don't know if Deadspin is "celebrating" it. They're making dick jokes about it. That's what they do.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What does that mouthbreather think? That Werder made up the TO controversy out of thin air? That he fabricated quotes?

Fuckabuncha that douchebag Cowboys fanboy.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Is that markvid in the grey jacket? I'd hit it.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Even if you're a Cowboys fan, do you really want to claim the moral high ground with the help of Terrell Owens?

7. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

The guy is a dumbass fanboy, no question, but I think the producer, or whatever he is, comes off the worst, with the F-bombs and the "I work for ESPN and you don't" bullshit. Show a little maturity and don't let some loser on the street get under your skin.

8. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Some funny, funny clips underneath the one that's featured.
    And for sure, this is just one guy and most Cowboy fans do go about their business, win or lose, on Monday morning.

9. wfw

10. OK, what would you do? You can't get a decent standup with this idiot screaming at you. The cop is stuck because the guy's not breaking any law. Waiting for common decency to kick in seems to be a losing deal.

11. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

I love that they call it "ed werder gets owned."
    A fanboi loser who has no idea whether Werder's reporting is solid or crap gets a video camera and stands and yells at a professional doing his job, and thus ed werder is "owned."
    Thank goodness for youtube and deadspin.
    Where would we be without them?

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Seriously, how was Ed Werder owned?

Also, the producer isn't the villain here. He wasn't the loser standing there shouting so a TV camera crew couldn't do its job. And the producer wasn't thinking "I being filmed for Deadspin, and people all over the Internet are going to be watching me tomorrow." The producer was just trying to do his job and that guy was being an incredible jerk. The F Bombs weren't very charming, but he was frustrated. Anyone would have been.

Draft saved Draft deleted