1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The New England Patriots MUST BE STOPPED!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sportsbruh, Nov 5, 2007.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

Speaking of UCLA, Drew Bennett was a QB converted to WR; he's actually pretty good every 10th week when he's healthy.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

He was mentioned earlier, but he was the first WR to catch 100 TDs, so he deservs a pic.

[​IMG]

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And none of these guys comes close to Largent, who would still be great.

Edit: That he does, pallister.

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Tom Waddle? Brian Brennan? Steve Watson?

5. pallister

pallister Guest

This all started with my mention of posting a Tom Waddle pic.

6. giantjay25

giantjay25 Member

Ricky Proehl, anyone?

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Ed McCaffrey

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Both already mentioned. This guy caught a few passes from one current and one future Hall of Famer. Leon Lett's least favorite player.

[​IMG]

9. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

How about former Chief Robb Thomas?

Or former Patriot Sammy Martin.

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

No white receiver will come close to Largent because no Caucasian will play receiver to that level again. I mean the days of Largent and such are over now. It seems that white boys are raised to be linemen, linebackers, or quarterbacks. It struck me to see no white player starting on the defense of the Dallas Cowboys yesterday. I doubt we'll see another great white running back in the future.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Beebe's the reason Lett cost the highest of rollers a lot of money. I'd love to see a story after all these years, where a reporter talks to high rollers who put down thousands on a bet in Vegas, in which the Pokes beat the Bills by at least 40. Maybe find the guy who was a yard away from winning a million bucks or whatever. Was he more bitter about Lett, or angry that Beebe had the audacity to chase Lett down and knock the ball out of the end zone. Could make a fun read.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

This guy, Beaker?

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted