1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The new Dennis Miller sports show

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lantaur, Nov 7, 2007.

1. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Anyone else but me watch it (it is on Versus; not sure who gets that network, but Directv does)?

I've always liked Dennis Miller. I thought this show started out a bit slow, but his monologue gained some steam. The interviews were just OK, but there were some nice lines thrown out there. I don't need the Vegas guy and his take on the lines (not a gambler), but glad to see Miller keep around his photos with humorous takes on them.

Please leave politics out of this thread (if anyone responds, that is). :) This is a sports show, not a political one.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I was thinking about watching this, but it came on at the same time as Boston Legal.

Denny Crane > Denny Miller.

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I didn't even know about it, but we had the work TV on Versus for the Isles-Rangers hockey game and saw that it was on after Hockey Central. Since the sound was down, I can offer no further input. :)

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

On his radio show, he sometimes takes calls from the Stephen-King-killed-John-Lennon guy.

I hope he'll take a pass on that.

5. What in god's name did a profession that already has Berman and Skip Bayliss do to deserve THIS?

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Dennis Miller reminds me of the guy who stands alone at the station, unaware that the last train is long gone.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If I knew I got Versus, I could tell you whether or not I will watch.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's like watching Johnny Unitas playing for the Chargers or Wade Boggs play for Tampa Bay or Lucille Ball star in a sitcom in the 1990s. They look okay, but the magic is not there and you end up feeling kind of sorry for them. This guy has gone from NBC to HBO to ABC to MSNBC to FOX and now he's on Versus? Coming to a cable access show near you.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Got your order kind of mixed up. More like NBC to Fox to HBO to ABC to CNBC and now Versus.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Meaning?

11. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm pretty sure Lucille Ball did not look okay in the 1990s...

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Meaning the last train to relevance pulled out long ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted