1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The new and improved, fight-free Romney vs. Obama thread!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, May 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Goes back to before the maid. All through the primaries Meg was trying like hell to avoid the question. Then a guy named Steve Poizner surfaced as a GOP candidate with one issue and one issue only -- stemming the flow of illegals. He rocketed up in the polls and finally forced Meg to come down hard on immigration to please the base; this included a commercial in which she painted herself as a hard-liner. That stance ended Poizner's hopes, but it also killed Meg's chances of making inroads with the Hispanic voting bloc that she was going to need to court.

When the maid stuff came out, that was the final nail.

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

The Arizona Secretary of State, and co-chairman of Romney's Arizona campaign, is not a birther. He's just concerned about a concerned constituent, and wants the birth certificate so Obama can get on the ballot.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/2012/05/18/20120518arizona-secretary-of-state-obama-citizenship.html

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Wasn't this on a separate thread?

Obama should sue in federal court and ask the case be sent to the Supreme Court.

We'll find out SOMETHING once and for all.

Either Obama will be finally ruled an indisputable, unappealable citizen once and for all beyond any peep of possible argument, or we'll find out who is really running the country.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Fun, isn't it? Rehashing all the birth certificate horsecrap?

Release the hounds on the Super PACs and just you wait how ugly it gets. Beyond anything we've ever seen.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If I were Cory Booker I would have told the Obama campaign to take a hike when they asked him to walk back his Meet The Press observations.

His walk back makes him look weak.

6. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I was wondering if anyone was going to comment on that. From the sounds of the cable shows, Booker burned Obama in effigy while chanting "We want Romney.".

If anyone watched the actual interview, he spent several minutes slamming Romney and said he didn't like negative ads from either side.

7. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

The problem with being an Independent Democrat(TM) is that liberals think you're a sell-out, conservatives still don't like you, and the Beltway media superstars only care if you've been around for centuries (see: Lieberman, Joe) or if you have a constituency you can continually feed heapin' helpin's of pork to (see: Nelson, Ben).

Booker needs Obama more than vice versa. Also, his false equivalence was dumb.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Obviously the Obama campaign was unhappy with what Booker said since they had him do that follow up, hostage like walk back.

I thought that the overall interview was fair and intellectually honest.

I think making the follow up tape made the story bigger than it should be.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Am I the only one to notice that the ad on this site saying "Obama vs. Romney, You Choose" or something like that uses about the most unflattering photos of each candidate one can imagine? Obama looks completely stoned, and Romney looks like he just took a Taser to the shorts.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It kills me that we don't still have the running Joe Biden gaffes thread.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Romney getting a higher percentage of the vote in the Arkansas Republican primary tonight than Obama is getting in the Democrat primary:

http://results.enr.clarityelections.com/AR/39376/82920/en/summary.html#

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Former Joint Chief of Staff questions Romney's grasp of geopolitics:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/23/colin-powell-mitt-romney-foreign-policy_n_1538945.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.