1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The NCAA is so pissed at Indiana, Harvard is in trouble . . . . . .

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Not quite a story I ever expected to read.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/02/sports/ncaabasketball/02harvard.html?pagewanted=1&ei=5087&em&en=92ef1dc5e20d1e4a&ex=1204606800

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news;_ylt=ArJ0klfHN2J6t9ZAD9eIlmnevbYF?slug=dw-harvardscandal030208&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

2. Given their admissions procedures -- no compulsory SAT's, President's exemptions etc. -- Harvard could win the Final Four in three years and no questions asked.

3. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I agree that it's odd that Blakeney, before being hired, being anywhere near kids that Harvard is recruiting is suspicious, especially when you add in the connections.

Isn't that the same tactic that allowed Bob Huggins to get in so close with O.J. Mayo, Bill Walker, etc.? He wasn't actively a coach, so he was allowed around the kids as much as he wanted?

I tend to agree with the AD here:

We'll see.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

[blue]You mean someone from the Coach K tree breaks the rules? No way![/blue]

5. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

Dickie V doesn't appreciate your blue font, Mister.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Wow. Just wow.

Tommy Amaker was one of the better guys at Duke, and while he didn't succeed at Michigan, he didn't buy a lineup.

The funny part is Kenny Blakeney ran into academic trouble while at Duke. But if this even sniffs of truth, the stuff with Quin Snyder could get called into question again. And then those who despise Duke will be dying for the fire to continue along the gasoline-soaked rope.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The question is, is Cleveland State getting nervous?

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

you know you're in troule when Jerry Tarkanian gets a shot in...

9. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Nope. Just a shitload of turtlenecks.

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Harvard has a Top 25 recruiting class coming in? HARVARD? I'm not sure if Amaker ever got a class rated that high at Michigan or Seton Hall. Who knew Harvard even wanted to be part of the big time athletics game, I thought they saw themselves above all that.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

You mean Amaker didn't coach a lineup.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Mock turtlenecks...

Draft saved Draft deleted