1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The NBA is

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sheos, Nov 2, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

3. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

The game I watched last night there was ZERO D; except of course, the one-on-one defence. But, maybe you're right, it's better than it was.

4. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Lacking offensive rebounders? That's a criticism I've never heard before. I think Dwight Howard, Ben Wallace, Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, Tyson Chandler, Shawn Marion and Elton Brand would be among those who would disagree.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

ESPN fixed that last night.

If the fucktards at Bristol keep it up -- Spurs and Cavs tomorrow night, BTW -- I'll be sick of the dude (excluding his "Business LeBron" alter ego) by Thanksgiving.

6. GravyTrain

GravyTrain Guest

I'm pretty lukewarm about the NBA right now, but enjoy the NBA studio crew of Charles/Magic/Sager and Smith more so than any other sport. They actually make me laugh and it's not unintentional humor...

7. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

... chocolate, it's peppermint-- it's *delicious*! It's very refreshing!

8. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Every time a shot goes up, everyone - and I mean EVERYONE on the offensive team - runs away waiting for the grenade to explode. It's ridiculous.

Then, when they do get to the "defensive" end, they don't help, rotate, double (unless it's to double Shaq or maybe a few other names).

Seriously, I like the NBA, but the college game is better.

That's all I'm saying.

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

... COCKDIAN-TASTIC!!!

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I also like the college game, but only because the NBA has become more stagnant, not because it needs more defense and grunt work.

NBA basketball completely lacks the flow which once made it enjoyable to watch. Watch a game from 1992-ish or before, it looks like it's being played at double-speed compared to today.

11. ...very popular among batshit crazy Asian dictators.

12. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

... something to poop on.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted