1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The NBA has gone NCAA

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fine. If he gets his degree, let him go. If he satisfies any of the requirements, let him go.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

We've had this debate before and I'm not about to go into it again. So I'll just leave it at my most basic argument -- if players feel they're ready to make the jump to the NBA, then no one should stop them. Best of luck.

No way your three-part would rule would ever stand in court. Admirable in thought, but could never happen.

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

If the kid is 18, he should be able to do whatever he wants. If he doesn't make his agent promise in writing that he'll pay for his education regardless, that's his own fault.

And hey, maybe if he doesn't get drafted, his high school coach could just find a fax somewhere in his desk and let him go anyway.

And, this might be the worst idea ever, but why can't all those kids just prepare for the draft and then go to college if they don't get taken? There are flaws with that argument, but the current system isn't perfect, either.

Draft saved Draft deleted