1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Natural... your favorite scene(s)?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Colton, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Dwizzle P. Catfish

Dwizzle P. Catfish New Member

The sound of the ball rattling around the empty stadium during Hobbs' first batting practice and everyone's amazement.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I know he's supposed to be scum, but I liked Max Mercy.

There's a helluva lot of truth in the line, "Whether you're a hero or whether you're a goat, you're going to make me a great story."

3. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

My favorite scene has to be the home run where he shatters the clock. (I also love the strikeout of the Ruth character and the pitch after batting practice, but those have already been mentioned.)

Definitely one of my favorite movies.

4. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

What about the scene where Kim Basinger screws the crap out of Mickey Rourke in the alley with the rain falling?
    Oh wait, that was "9 1/2 Weeks" -- my bad.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Having been to many Bisons' games at a nearly-empty WMS during their days as a Mets or Senators farm club, that's exactly what it sounds like when the ball lands in that short right-field porch. Then about 10 kids would take off scrambling for it.

Saw Choo-Choo Coleman hit one clean out of the stadium back in the day, and Johnny Bench as a 19-year-old minor leaguer.

6. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Not to threadjack, but that movie was boring as fuck.

7. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Well, Harold did have the legs for that outfit.

8. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Then he took Kim Basinger out to eat at Boston Market.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Great film, The Natural, that is. I agree, too, that it's better than Field of Dreams.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You watched it? I just skipped to the fuck scenes.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

- My dad said I oughtta be a farmer.
    - My dad wanted me to be a baseball player.

I just looked up Richard Farnsworth the other day after I caught him in Roots, of all places, in a very nasty part. He died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound (suicide) several years back after he was diagnosed with cancer.

12. WScribblySh

WScribblySh Member

Quick trivia: Who's the only actor to appear in "The Natural" AND "Hoosiers"?

Draft saved Draft deleted