1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Nats are dealing!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Gotta me more going on here.

Seems pretty one-sided ... in favor of the nats.

it is funny to think the reds may actually believe they are 'a bullpen' away from contending.

what a joke.

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

oh yeah, me too. love the way krivsky's staffing his team with ex-twins like milton, lohse and castro. great moves! ::) ;)

3. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

he didn't get milton, that was dan o'brien

his major moves this year were arroyo for wily mo pena, and david ross and brandon phillips for two bags of balls

and if you've watched the reds team in teh field, you'd know why castro was a good deal. he's not there as a starter, he's in cincy to be a defensive replacement

4. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

This is obviously a precursor to Guillen getting shipped out of D.C.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

If the Reds had a pen, they would have taken 2 of 3 from Milwaukee and split with Atlanta. Instead they go 1-6 in that span.

Yes, they are a bullpen away from contending.

6. Someone help me out. From what I can tell Austin has 3 more arbitration years left and Lopez has 2? Is this correct?

FYI: As a Nats fan I am going out of my mind with this deal. What a steal.

7. casty33

casty33 Active Member

I congratulate the Reds for going after the Cardinals. Majewski will help as setup man for Guardado. But Moddy, be happy. Kearns is loaded with ability he hasn't yet shown. Maybe Frank Robby can bring it out of him. I actually believe the trade helps both teams.

8. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

for what? the wildcard spot?

FH ... tell me you're kidding.

they are a 75 win team. no shot, whatsoever at the WC. not even if a rod dropped in their laps tomorrow.

9. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Frank always liked Kearns. I remember a couple of winter meetings ago when his name came up in possible trade talks, and he was all for it.

Might even wake him up from his nap, this news. :eek:

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Yes, they have a hell of a shot at the WC.

No one thinks that Clayton starts at short with Freel doing his part-time 2B-OF gig? Isn't Freel banged up?

11. lollygagger

lollygagger Member

The Reds think they can contend; I think they'll fade to fourth when it's said and done. Either way, their bullpen stinks real bad. This move helps a little, but methinks they overpaid. Badly.

That said, it's good news for the Nats, especially if Wagner ever comes around. Kearns, however, will max out at 20-25 homers in that canyon of a ballpark.

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Why?

Soriano would hit 40 there if he plays all year.

Draft saved Draft deleted