1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The National, reborn?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Joe Williams, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

The National will come back when non-journalists show an interest in a sports daily. Could be a while.

2. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Thanks for stopping by, dude who was good enough and fortunate enough to work at the National and share kick-ass reminisces with the rest of us.

Seriously. I know I sound like a fanboy, but it is damn cool that some National alums post here.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You're on heroin right?

4. boots

boots New Member

To a certain extent, I understand where he's coming from and given its resources, Gannett may be the only corporation to pull it off and turn it into a money-making endeavor. Unfortunately, the corporation that eats its young is thinking more about the internet and is quite pleased with the direction of USA Today.

5. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

Sometimes but not today. I was talking about USATSW being the only publication that could do it. Sporting News is so far from even coming close. SI has some much stuff in each issue that its hard to even read what you want.

But someone did try to give the national a new life kind of in xxlnational.com but the guy failed and turned it into a vlog last time I checked.

Draft saved Draft deleted