1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Mysterious Case of the Jeckyl & Hyde Woman

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Sep 24, 2006.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I wish I could post pictures so you could see what I am talking about. And I am not sure what the point of this thread is, other than I just need to share this right now and see if anyone has ever encountered anyone like this.

There is a woman who moved in to my building about a year ago. At least I never saw her before then. I have never said more than a few words to her. I believe she lives with this guy I have seen her with.

I have never come across anyone like this before.

Half the time I see her--I don't see her that often--she is the most stunningly beautiful woman you can imagine. No hyperbole. She's the type of woman who makes guy's necks crane on the street. Everything about her physically is perfect. She's dressed really well, perfect skin, really subtle but perfect make up, incredibly beautiful looking, carries herself really well, even smells nice. I wish I could describe her better... She's tall, brunette, has a perfect body... as close to a perfect 10 as exists. You can't help but staring.

But it's weird. I have seen her a handful of other times and I was taken aback by how bad she looked. It's like a completely different woman. The first two times this happened, I wasn't even certain it was the same woman. She looked like she had just rolled out of bed, her face was kind of blotchy, she was dressed down and she was walking kind of stoop shouldered, really dragging herself. I'd chalk it up to a hard night or a bad day, but the last few times I have seen her, she's alternated between "beautiful woman" and "haggard-looking woman." A few days ago, I saw her coming into the building and she looked like hell. Just now I went out for a minute and she was in cheese cracker mode. I was practically drooling.

I really don't know how she does it. You can tell the same beautiful woman is hidden inside there when it all goes bad, but it's just freaky how everything perfect about her has given way to something horribly wrong. Have any of you ever known anyone like this? I have never seen anything like it.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

[Setting: Jerry's apartment]

GEORGE: So, attractive one day - not attractive the next?

JERRY: Have you come across this?

GEORGE: Yes, I am familiar with this syndrome -- she's a two-face.

JERRY: (Relating) Like the Batman villain?

GEORGE: (Annoyed) If that helps you..

JERRY: So, if I ask her out again - I don't know who's showing up: The good, the bad, or the ugly.

GEORGE: (Identifying what Jerry said) Clint Eastwood!

JERRY: Yeah.

3. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

That sounds very strange to me. I have never encountered anything like the sort of thing you are talking about. Maybe, she is a part time drug user.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Are you serious??? This was a Seinfeld episode. I don't remember that at all!

"A two-face" describes her perfectly.

Honestly, the way this woman looks on the good days, it'd be worth putting up with the bad days. But she is wayyyyyyyyyy out of my league (and I reach high sometimes), even if I wasn't pretty sure she lives with her boyfriend or husband.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Yes, it was a Seinfeld episode. The shadows made her look buck-toothed and SUPER ugly, and then in good light, she was gorgeous. It was a very funny episode. Look for it; you'll never quit laughing when you finally see it (especially since you've experienced the phenomenon).

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Beat me to it. :D

It was the Festivus episode ... "Hey! No-bagel, No-bagel, No-bagel, No-bagel!"

7. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

How much did you have to drink the times she's gorgeous? And how much did she have to drink when she's fugly?

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Ninth season, episode 166: 'The Strike'
    It is commonly talked about as 'the Festivus episode.'

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Had an experience like this. Drank 18 shots of tequila in 10-12 minutes. I was 18 and didn't know any better. So there are a few of us at a buddy's birthday party and I'm thinking that his neighbor lady is kinda cute. I start macking on her but he says that it's his birthday and he wants to get some. I let him.

In the morning I saw the woman. I'm very glad I didn't touch it. Man alive, am I glad.

Then next 4 days weren't kind to me, either. I haven't had tequila since: 17 years.

10. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I had a classmate in school like that. There were somedays when I saw her when I would crawl through raw sewage and assfuck a hobo to be with her. But there were other days when she would walk into class and I would say to myself, "Can you contract ugly as an STD?"

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Someone HAS to put that in their sig.

12. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Some girls clean up well. It takes a lot of time and effort to look well put-together. Some days it ain't worth it.

Guys have it easy: clean clothes, maybe a shave, maybe a little hair product and they look great. Even when they're in sweats and a few days scruffy they're basically the same.

Draft saved Draft deleted