1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "My Pet Goat" kids

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog428, Sep 11, 2006.

1. I'm not sure I want to know the answer to that question.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

That's an unfair statement. I didn't mock anyone with my post. I thought my post was fair and showed reasoning, not mockery.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

But F_B and others on the left immediately laid into Bush, while some on the right immediately started slinging it back at them. Ad we knows what happens then.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Well, there often is no middle ground here. The alternatives to what happened either have to be Bush could calmly get up and leave the room or immediately start snapping at his aides for information, frightening the kids. We go from one extreme to another.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Or we have the reality, which is what happened that day. He and the government were stunned, and responded, albeit maybe not as quickly as some of us would have liked. It's his actions in the years since then which are far more damning, not the first few minutes of the attacks.

But by all means, let's continue to focus on reasons to hate the Shrub.

6. No question.
    He's bungled things worse in the days since.
    However, I don't understand why, a few threads over, Rudy Giuliani is a hero because he jumped right up and went to the WTC while GWB's virtually simultaneous inaction is no big deal.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

It shows you'd rather criticize failure than laud positive action. Plain and simple.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's funny, Junkie, because -- to me -- it seems the righties are more angry.

I agree we are complainers, but we get the anger out of our bodies then put on the love beads and sandals and all is well.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I wish I could agree with you Ace ... we are, after all, the party of love and forgiveness ... there's some liberals on here who I'd rather not be aligned with, simply because their constant distrust and hatred makes all of us sound like tin-foil-hat-wearing lunatics.

10. And you come to this conclusion from what I said how? I applauded Rudy for what he did. Still do. The president froze. Badly. At a terrible time. Too bad. And once Mizzou asked what he should have done, I figured that was the time to answer.
    And I know that I should take lessons in civility from the guy who introduced the word "blowjobs" into the discussion, but I'll pass, thanks.

11. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Very, very hard to take seriously a poster's hand-wringing over the state of political discourse in this country when same poster says that Clinton "would have let you finish the blow job."

12. Johnny Dangerously

Alley,

I agree with this quote from you: "It's his actions in the years since then which are far more damning, not the first few minutes of the attacks."

To that I would only add that there are other threads about the years since then. This thread is about that morning -- specifically, while Bush was reading with the children. I think it's fair to talk about it on a thread designed for discussion about it, and people who want to talk about the years since then can talk about that on the other threads.

Talking about that morning here doesn't automatically mean a person suggests that the first seven minutes after Bush learned of the second plane were more important than the bulk of the last five years.

Draft saved Draft deleted