1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The My Generation of your generation?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Christopher McCandless, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, the posted lyric inside the CD is, "Get out of my lucky face." Which my Morman friend in high school found hilarious. The whole next week, she kept singing it with "lucky" in her happy-go-lucky fashion.

I absolutely love that song, but Nirvana would get my nod for an anthem song here.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'm just glad that my long-held belief that Don Henley must die immediately and in the most painful way possible is finally beginning to gain traction.

It restores my faith in humanity.

3. [​IMG]

"I Will Not Go Quietly."

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

He wants to party
    He wants to get down
    All he wants to do is ...
    All he wants to do is dance

5. Much to my dismay, MG wasn't much of a US hit at all. I locked onto The Who -- watch the new doc "Amazing Journey" on VH1 Classic this weekend, by the way -- in 1965, but that song simply never got played.
    Push me to the wall and I'd say "She Loves You" or "Like A Rolling Stone."

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

"Like a Rolling Stone" or maybe "Blowin' in the Wind" for us of the late 60's generation.

"She Loves You".....that works .

If it's a Canada only thing I'd say Lightfoot's Railroad Trilogy or the untouchable "Four Strong Winds" by Ian Tyson.

I'd go Gord though.

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

"Satisfaction" perhaps?

Draft saved Draft deleted