1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Museum of Broken Relationships.....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Nov 1, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The heck with the family, writingirish. I always had enough trouble getting one person to like me, much less their family, too.

(Actually, my in-laws mostly love me...for some strange reason).

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Not me. I get along real well with the families.

If I could talk to the mothers and have sex with the daughters, then I'd really have something goin'.

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Problem was, the girl was utterly spineless in all dealings with her family. Her ogre-ish mother and bitchy sister-in-law would just lay into me and say horrible things about my religion and political views and she, my girlfriend, would just sit there and watch. Problem was, my girlfriend half-agreed with them. My ex thought my church was bad 'cause we accept gay people. And she also voted for Bush twice, based pretty much just on the abortion issue. There really were some basic incompatibilities.

Let's get this one back on topic, I find the "museum" project fascinating...

4. Perhaps as an offshoot for anyone regarding the relationship museum:

Company: PostingUSA LLC
    Position: Seeking Personal Stories About Adultery Location: Online, Telecommute
    Job Status: Freelance
    Salary: Commission/Contract
    Ad Expires: December 5, 2007
    Job ID: 808347

Description:

The story site Common Ties has been purchasing personal stories since October of 2006. Among its themes, Common Ties is seeking personal stories about adultery/ marital infidelity. You can write a story about your present/former spouse cheating on you or about your cheating on your present/former spouse. Alternatively, you can write from the point of view of someone close to the couple. Or from the view point of the "other woman" or man. Stories are due by November 7 and selections will be made by November 9. Please check out our Submission Guidelines. Submissions are kept strictly confidential.

Your story can be written using your byline or a pen name and should be between 750 and 1,500 words. (If you prefer to write a shorter story, please see the Quickies Guidelines). We purchase both original stories and reprints. Payments are typically between $100 and $200 per story, although writers can suggest another amount. Should your story be accepted, we may approach you to record it for additional compensation. To learn more about writing for Common Ties, please see our Submission Guidelines.

Other future themes (and due dates) include:

Religious conversions/reawakenings (November 13)
    Hidden identities (secret lives) (November 20)
    Holidays (November 27)
    Getting caught (December 4)
    Adoption (December 11)
    Homelessness (December 18)

When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I'll take fun with quotes for $400, Alex.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Consider yourself $400 richer, Spock.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ah...that explains it....nice story on the bears, by the way, even if it didn't work out for you two.

Wonder if I can find my sweatshirt with bumps for the museum (don't ask. It's really only funny to me).

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I hope my CDs don't end up there. I never did listen to that Rancid album. ...

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Mild threadjack from the World Series thread: how's your quest in having sex by the weekend going, Mike?

(Maybe you have kept us informed on the WS thread, but I stopped reading that when I had 10 pages to catch up on Monday morning).

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Well, my friend, I'm afraid no progress is in sight. That could change by the weekend's end, but if the last 21 months are any indication of what will happen this weekend, I'll be watching Scrubs and eating Campbell's Chunky Soup by myself. Although, I've got Chicken, Broccoli, Cheese and Potato in the cupboard, and I really do like that soup, so it might not be totally tragic.

Who knows, though? Maybe I'll get ambitious in the next couple days.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Jeepers, JR ... that's the loudest I've laughed in a while ... thanks.

But no, I'm not that sentimental and I tend not to date sentimental people ... I'd be lucky to get a last name, let alone a teddy bear or a T-shirt. ;)

12. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

How do you bottle rage and contempt?

Draft saved Draft deleted