1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Museum of Broken Relationships.....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Nov 1, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I'm sure there are members of SportsJournalists.com nation who could donate some exhibits. I bet Flash has enough for a whole wing. :)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20071101.wlmuseum01/BNStory/lifeFamily/home

The exhibition features teddy bears, letters, postcards and even an axe used by one woman to chop up her lover's furniture. All of the pieces were donated by the broken-hearted, and each features a small card explaining what the item meant to the donor.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

That will not end well.

"What do you mean, you won't accept my ex's kidney?"

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Otherwise known as "IJAG's house."

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I'd donate, but I burned it all.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You be careful with the bonfires up there! ;)

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

A small teddy bear that my ex included in a Christmas stocking that she made for me last year stares mutely into the void on a shelf in the closet in my guest bedroom. He's really cute, but I gave up on stuffed animals some time during Carter's presidency. Still, I haven't brought myself to get rid of it. Sigh.

She gave it to me because she knew black bears are my favorite non-domesticated animal. Strangely, that Christmas, I made a stocking for her and included a small bear, the exact same bear, only white. On Christmas morning, I showed up at her house bearing a stocking with a little white bear peering over the top. She answered the door bearing a stocking with a little black bear peering over the top. :-\

I think Toys for Tots will be getting a little black bear this holiday season...

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

wi, that just made me tear up a little bit.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

"Hey honey is this steak ready to be cooked?"
    "DON'T TOUCH THAT!!!!"

9. writing irish

It almost gut a little dusty in here, as well. She was, and is, a sweetie.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Tell me she stole your Pogues T-shirt or banged your brother or something, please.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, no kidding...

12. writing irish

We had irreconcilable political and religious differences, she and I.

And her family loathed me...the first time in my life I've ever had problems with a girlfriend's family. They hate all liberals and "city people."

Draft saved Draft deleted